THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:07 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Excited
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:13 am 

Scribble wrote:
No doubt I’ll get excited with pre season friendly thrashings of Buckingham Athletic and Thame United…….

You mean 'draws' don't you? :?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:22 am 

I was buzzing yesterday, danced around my living room.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:44 am 

Scribble wrote:
No doubt I’ll get excited with pre season friendly thrashings of ...Thame United…….

This season we were Tame United. :cry:

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:52 am 

From an away day perspective, I'm as excited as I've been for several years. Completely get why others feel downbeat, though.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 2:48 pm 

I was fed up of league one and wanted out so badly. So I supposed I should be excited for league two as I got my wish in a way. Just not the right way

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:00 pm 

I would really like to get excited about some away days at places I have never been, but just have a look at the evidence to see how far broken the club is.

1. It charges fans near usury rates to go on coaches to away games
2. At home games it charges more for a pint than nearly every club in England
3. It has gone out of its way to destroy Lewingtons - which fans put so much effort into establishing

Crystal clear that they don't give a shit about us, but still we rock up in huge numbers and sing our hearts out to support the team at Burton. I don't really have much issue with the players - they just weren't good enough - they didn't just underperform, they never were good enough.

So really hard to get excited about what lies in store in League 2, but if anybody thinks it will be easy then that is delusional. It was arrogance that got us where we are today, from the ridiculous kit to the assumption that it was just a bad start to the general disdain for paying supporters. Don't bet against it all falling apart as we head for the Conference at the end of next season.

Anybody want to have a guess at how much they will charge for the away coach to Aldershot Town? Hope it doesn't clash with a darts match at the Arena.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 7:01 pm 

Can’t say I am excited, but different teams I think we have a chance of the playoffs but don’t think we will get autos, although happy to be wrong of course.

Truth is will dip my toe in to rumours and any club news over the summer will start to look forward to it when the fixtures are announced and probably reach excited the night before the first match.

This season was appalling but for me the game of the season was Watford away Darragh Burns looked the business but hardly featured in the squad.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 7:08 pm 
Not excited about next season yet, but I am excited to see what changes will happen on and (perhaps more importantly) off the pitch during the summer.

After such a fall from last season and all the shenanigans of this campaign I think even Winkie knows the club need to make some significant changes fairly soon.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 7:37 pm 

HarpenDon wrote:
I would really like to get excited about some away days at places I have never been, but just have a look at the evidence to see how far broken the club is.

1. It charges fans near usury rates to go on coaches to away games
2. At home games it charges more for a pint than nearly every club in England
3. It has gone out of its way to destroy Lewingtons - which fans put so much effort into establishing

Crystal clear that they don't give a shit about us, but still we rock up in huge numbers and sing our hearts out to support the team at Burton. I don't really have much issue with the players - they just weren't good enough - they didn't just underperform, they never were good enough.

So really hard to get excited about what lies in store in League 2, but if anybody thinks it will be easy then that is delusional. It was arrogance that got us where we are today, from the ridiculous kit to the assumption that it was just a bad start to the general disdain for paying supporters. Don't bet against it all falling apart as we head for the Conference at the end of next season.

Anybody want to have a guess at how much they will charge for the away coach to Aldershot Town? Hope it doesn't clash with a darts match at the Arena.

they've got one shot at putting things right on and off the pitch now imo. anymore than 2_seasons in league two and they'll just be swallowed up by the rest of the dross
Tbh, if it was me. If be making tickets as cheap as possible. Try and get as many to home games as possible. I can't see many casuals paying 25 quid to watch Barrow in November can you ?