THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:45 pm 

If people believe sacking Manning was necessary to attract the necessary talent in the January window, then logic dictates the same now.

IF Jackson is replaced, and Winkelman insists again on raw unproven potential (as he often does), I would love to see another premier former player with top connections and inspiring ideas. If we can find another de Matteo type with a bit more gravitas and personality, I’d might find some belief once again.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:48 pm 

Next season is equivalent to 06/07 and 18/19. We need that sort of manager to sort this mess out. If we go unproven and untested again it will be because he’s going on the cheap yet again.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:52 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:
If people believe sacking Manning was necessary to attract the necessary talent in the January window, then logic dictates the same now.

IF Jackson is replaced, and Winkelman insists again on raw unproven potential (as he often does), I would love to see another premier former player with top connections and inspiring ideas. If we can find another de Matteo type with a bit more gravitas and personality, I’d might find some belief once again.

Frank Lampard? :lol:

Seriously, a famous ex-player is very high risk. They don't know L2 (never played in it). They are astounded at how lacking in basic skill L2 players are and at how little natural football vision they have. Most top players would make terrible managers at this level. Not all, obvs... and if they hire (and listen to) a seasoned lower league veteran as their number two, then it can work (like Ince mkI).

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:55 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
Next season is equivalent to 06/07 and 18/19. We need that sort of manager to sort this mess out. If we go unproven and untested again it will be because he’s going on the cheap yet again.

This.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:00 pm 

Need to forget this love-in with trying to unearth the next lower league guardiola. We need to stop trying to unearth a future gem as they will be poached anyway before we get a return on investment. We need to go towards proper proven experience at whatever level we happen to be playing at.

We just need to get through the leagues trading up for managerial experience and ability along the way.

No more untried untested managers. We need know how, respected figure and experience getting promotion.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:07 pm 

My dream appointment would be Luke Williams but I feel he is destined to be leading his Notts County team on a title challenge against Wrexham in league 2 next season.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:09 pm 

There is always hope…

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:12 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
There is always hope…

Welcome back.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:13 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
There is always hope…

Welcome back.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:18 pm 

There's only two candidates, Dean Lewington or Ted Lasso.