THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 5:46 pm 

Dons finally get into the Championship, lose their best players and sign a couple of Spanish players totally unsuited to Championship with some journey men footballers, get relegated and sack their manager

They replace with a over-hyped Scotsman with a personality of a gnat, who banishes the Captain & long serving Dean Lewington, buys mainly poor Scottish players, replacing him with a ex youth coach with a plan and without a idea of how to survive L1.

Getting relegated to L2 they employ a L2 veteran, fashionardo, who just gets us promoted and we sell our best player and we go on to us worst run of results in our history. Replacing him with a manager who is more interested in possession than scoring, behind close doors we struggle until the allocated points per game has us finishing mid table.

This doesn't stop us losing our best players and the much sort after manager jumps ship before the 1st game of the season. Employing a coach only known to his mother and Liam Sweeting, the club manages to make the play offs, to fall to our county rival.

As a matter of course, we lose us best players and sign players, either been involved in relegation, are unknown future prospects or players at the end of their career. We slump again and employ another youth coach, who despite promise, fails to turn around the club and we are relegated back to L2.

You really couldn't make it up.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 5:57 pm 

I think its like The Matrix.
We are just dreaming all this for the machines.
It hasn't actually happened.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 6:43 pm 

It's just the most shocking and appalling season since the club's MK inception and it all smacks of complete incompetence in the running of the club. Every single self destruct button has inadvertently been pressed by the powers that be, multiple times over.

There's nothing questionable about the belief, passion and aspirations of the fans. We're just lions lead by donkeys.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:19 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
It's just the most shocking and appalling season since the club's MK inception and it all smacks of complete incompetence in the running of the club. Every single self destruct button has inadvertently been pressed by the powers that be, multiple times over.

There's nothing questionable about the belief, passion and aspirations of the fans. We're just lions lead by donkeys.

This

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:21 pm 

Old East Stand wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:

This

This. Complete and utter complacency.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:26 pm 

Self destruct sequence activated…….

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:44 pm 

It's been a more interesting and eventful decade than teams like Rochdale have managed in a century.

Sucks to be back in L2 though.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:49 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
It's been a more interesting and eventful decade than teams like Rochdale have managed in a century.

Busy going nowhere.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:53 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

Busy going nowhere.

Like 88 of the 92.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:15 pm 

I've been avoiding posting on here up until now. It's taken me most of the day to come to terms with what's happened. We've all known it's been coming for a while, but it doesn't hit you until that whistle blows and it's all over.

It's been an absolutely disgraceful season, there's no two ways about it. Mistake after mistake after mistake. We all know the problems, it's plain to see. I just hope that Mr Winkelman can see them too. And not just see them, but (for once) learn from them. Starting with the recruitment in the summer. We replaced the likes of Darling, Twine and Parrot with Oyegoke, Grant and Dennis. Then we decided to sack Manning, fair enough, but the timing was baffling. Gave Jackson all of a single week to assess his squad before the window opened. Not to mention the match day experience...

I think the main reason that this hurts so much is that absolutely none of us saw it coming. In many ways I think the game against Barnsley is like our last 5 years in microcosm. When we were in league two we brought in a guy who knew the league and, more importantly, knew how to get out of it. Whatever you thought of his style of play, he did his job in that year. Since then we made steady progression, bringing in Martin to improve the style of play. Everytime we sold a player, there was a better replacement. Good recruitment (I know, who would've thought?). Then we went to the next level under Manning. We couldn't believe our luck. It was simply some of the best football we've ever seen. We were flying, on top of the world... nothing could go wrong now, right?

And now here we are. Crashing back down to earth with an almighty bang. It's like the biggest kick in the balls ever. And much like last Saturday, you couldn't make it up. Nobody blows a 4-1 lead at home with 20 minutes to go. Nobody goes from a point off automatic promotion one season, to relegation the next. Nobody. Absolutely nobody. Except us.