THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:39 pm 

Think how much we made from Sheff Weds, Ipswich, Bolton, etc this season. Could be £500k minus additional costs alone for just 3 fixtures.
Depressing

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:39 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Same as this season.

Will be much worse than this season

Only due to less away fans. Home support really wont change that much.

It all depends on performance. We managed relatively decent crowds this season, despite being absolutely dreadful at home. If we get off to a decent start, you could end up seeing more home fans in the ground than this season.

Agree. Play poorly and only me and my dog will attend. And I no longer have a dog. Play well and people will come to watch.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:45 pm 

Just had a look we actually averaged less this season than last time we were in League Two - I would imagine we will Average 6500 if we have an average season but with a promotion push that could easily be 7500

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:03 pm 

Really does depend on what area of the league we’re knocking about in, if we’re battling around top six I can’t see a great deal of difference, if it’s mid table or lower it could be a lot less.

Obviously away fans will be a lot fewer as there are no big hitters in there apart from Wrexham, Notts County if they go up.

Looks likely our 6 fingered neighbours will go up, that’s another biggish gate gone as well

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 9:31 pm 

After the heartbreak of last season, the inevitable selling of the best players and no reinventing in a squad to challenge, ultimately leading to a disastrous season ending in relegation.
Personally I was more lived about last week v Barnsley than today, Mr Sweeting needs to carry most of the can for this imo, should never have been in this position, I could see this coming in December.
Mark Jackson is probably a decent coach, but not the person for the shit show we were in, so after reflection I have decided not to renew my season ticket, after many seasons of being a season ticket holder, the 3 hour plus round trip is no longer something I feel I want to do, yes I'll attend the odd game, more likely away, the club has driven me to this decision, finally worn me down.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:33 pm 

Scribble wrote:
We’re never going to need 32,000 seats, just construct one with a 10,000 capacity

Nice idea, where's the money coming from for that?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 7:46 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Scribble wrote:
We’re never going to need 32,000 seats, just construct one with a 10,000 capacity

Nice idea, where's the money coming from for that?

Muse

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:11 am 

Bradford, wrexham and notts county could all easily sell 5k tickets at the right time of the year and if we make them available under the right circumstances.

Swindon could shift 3k tickets.

Afc, northampton (if they dont get promoted), manifield snd colchester could all shift over 1k snd under 2k tickets.

If we are pushing for promotion our fans at the right time of year under the right circumstances would snap up 10k tickets for wrexham and afc as well as the boxing day, easter, family fun days and last home game of the season.

There will be some decent attendances next season providing we get off to a good start and supported by clubs decisions to help get the feel good factor.

There will be some terrible away attendances tho, carlisle on a tuesday night springs to mind. But largely it will be pretty good.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:12 am 

Eddie wrote:
Bradford, wrexham and notts county could all easily sell 5k tickets at the right time of the year and if we make them available under the right circumstances.

Swindon could shift 3k tickets.

Afc, northampton (if they dont get promoted), manifield snd colchester could all shift over 1k snd under 2k tickets.

Some of these figures are extremely optimistic. Agree with you on Wrexham and Notts, though.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:13 am 

I don't think away attendances will change from the average. Everyone I know who goes will still go and with the added bonus of new grounds, it'll be interesting for many. I actually wouldn't be surprised if attendances away improved..

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit