THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:39 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
The man has spoken.

Said it wasn't threatening and he has to have taken the heat for what happens. Condems his own reaction, not the fans.

How interesting eh? Those pesky thugs might actually be okay!

Or it shows that Pete gets it more than some fans who criticise him care to admit.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:45 pm 

Or both?

A consensus on here was that an elderly man with health problems got abused - when it appeared to me and to him exactly what it was. Disgruntled supporters expressing dismay at the man largely responsible.

The fact he's accepted it is admirable. Fair play. You don't want a world in where we've seen some fans banned for protesting and such.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 5:12 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
The man has spoken.

Said it wasn't threatening and he has to have taken the heat for what happens. Condems his own reaction, not the fans.

I didn’t actually call them thugs, I just said they were cranks. And I maintain they are.

Irrespective of what he said today and let’s face it he was always going to play it down, it was still a whopping embarrassment to all of us. The sane people just get home as quick as they can grumbling about it. Like you did.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 6:10 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
The man has spoken.

I didn’t actually call them thugs, I just said they were cranks. And I maintain they are.

Irrespective of what he said today and let’s face it he was always going to play it down, it was still a whopping embarrassment to all of us. The sane people just get home as quick as they can grumbling about it. Like you did.

It was embarrassing - we were a laughing stock for a few days - but in a way I admired Winkelman engaging with them and even swearing. It would actually had been worse if he'd just got in the Range Rover and drove off without a word.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:13 pm 

He’s the chairman, and should be accountable for the ongoings at the club.

The fact that people think it’s wrong that he is challenged, is odd. As he said himself, with raw emotion it was always going to happen.

If I was there, I would have wanted answers too.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 8:47 pm 

Pete should have gone full John Wick on them. For the giggles.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 9:03 pm 

Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:
No I don’t expect a For Sale sign, but I think you knew that, it was just a turn of phrase to let any prospective buyers know we were open to talks.
So would you prefer….let it be known…..and you ask why us over another team…..well why not.

All I can see from the constant barrage of abuse is that he's going to be less careful as to who takes over, which is a dangerous thought.

Yup. Those calling for Pete's head are significantly more dangerous to our club than Pete.

Keep abusing Pete and he'll just say "Fuck It". He'll just sell it to anyone and we'll go down faster than the titanic. Would you blame him? All this stress and abuse for what exactly?

You cant stand on both sides of the argument though. All through this thread you have been consistent in your belief that there are no millionaires waiting in the wings to buy off Pete but also seem to be claiming here that in fact there are but you just might not like them?

so which is it?

I'm not standing on both sides at all. My view is that of course there would be someone willing to take on the club if Pete's mindset changed and he just said "fuck this", slashed the asking price and sold to anyone just to get away from it all and wash his hands.

Luckily that isn't the case and Pete genuinely cares about the club and the hands it falls into. Therefore he will rightfully only sell to someone that has the capital to progress the club. So I'll rephrase and say multi-millionaire as opposed to just millionaire.

As stated, lets not abuse an owner that cares about the club just because he doesn't have masses amount of cash to inject to guarantee success.

Until the time comes around where someone rich enough and with a genuine care for the sustainability and success of the club wants to buy/invest, Pete Winkelman is good person to have at the helm.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 11:07 pm 

ChaChaDon wrote:

The fact that people think it’s wrong that he is challenged, is odd. As he said himself, with raw emotion it was always going to happen.

There’s always opportunities to challenge that don’t involve just mindlessly shouting sell the club without any real thought of what the consequence could be.

Rock up to a forum to give it to him.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 12:13 am 

Whether it was the right thing to do or not, at the time, is less important than thinking after the event "that probably needed to happen".

I would never ever give Pete both barrels if I met him but then I am not 100% of the fanbase. There will always be elements that want to have it out. That's fine.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 8:21 am 

Towcestrian wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:

There’s always opportunities to challenge that don’t involve just mindlessly shouting sell the club without any real thought of what the consequence could be.

Rock up to a forum to give it to him.

You want the perfect sequence of events to happen for fans to be able to express their feelings. If they had forums immediately after relegation, most people would rock up.

I’m not saying you should treat him like shit, but challenging the direction of the club is acceptable. If he can’t take that then he’s in the wrong job. But he can, and he admits that.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next