THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:56 am 

ChaChaDon wrote:
The silence from the club is deafening. What’s going on behind those doors?

To be fair, its only been 2 days. The season has finished, not sure what we'd be expecting them to tweet during this time anyway.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:57 am 

DippyDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:
Has anyone tried talking to them ?

Yes, it went viral :lol:

Exactly what will happen if we get our winkies out en mass.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:03 pm 

ChaChaDon wrote:

Genuinely don't know what people are expecting. We've just been relegated. The club are hardly going to want to shout about it. The truth is that everybody at the club, like us, will be coming to terms with what's happened.

We know in a week or two will get interviews with Pete and Liam Sweeting, and we already know what waffle we'll hear from them. I guarantee you within 5 minutes of those videos being posted there will be people on here complaining. Nothing that they say now can justify what we've endured this season.

Decisions have to be made about the future of the manager and the players, and only then will we start to hear more about what happens next.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:12 pm 

DonnieAndMooie wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:

Genuinely don't know what people are expecting. We've just been relegated. The club are hardly going to want to shout about it. The truth is that everybody at the club, like us, will be coming to terms with what's happened.

We know in a week or two will get interviews with Pete and Liam Sweeting, and we already know what waffle we'll hear from them. I guarantee you within 5 minutes of those videos being posted there will be people on here complaining. Nothing that they say now can justify what we've endured this season.

Decisions have to be made about the future of the manager and the players, and only then will we start to hear more about what happens next.

;)

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:20 pm 

ChaChaDon wrote:
DonnieAndMooie wrote:
ChaChaDon wrote:

;)

:lol: sent this quite literally 2 minutes too soon

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:26 pm 

Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:
No I don’t expect a For Sale sign, but I think you knew that, it was just a turn of phrase to let any prospective buyers know we were open to talks.
So would you prefer….let it be known…..and you ask why us over another team…..well why not.

All I can see from the constant barrage of abuse is that he's going to be less careful as to who takes over, which is a dangerous thought.

Yup. Those calling for Pete's head are significantly more dangerous to our club than Pete.

Keep abusing Pete and he'll just say "Fuck It". He'll just sell it to anyone and we'll go down faster than the titanic. Would you blame him? All this stress and abuse for what exactly?

You cant stand on both sides of the argument though. All through this thread you have been consistent in your belief that there are no millionaires waiting in the wings to buy off Pete but also seem to be claiming here that in fact there are but you just might not like them?

so which is it?

I'm not sure it's who he sells to, it's more what he sells.

If he just sells the football club, but keeps all the good stuff I would be stunned if anyone on here thinks that's a good thing. No matter how deep the pockets are, it won't last forever.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:28 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:
No I don’t expect a For Sale sign, but I think you knew that, it was just a turn of phrase to let any prospective buyers know we were open to talks.
So would you prefer….let it be known…..and you ask why us over another team…..well why not.

All I can see from the constant barrage of abuse is that he's going to be less careful as to who takes over, which is a dangerous thought.

Yup. Those calling for Pete's head are significantly more dangerous to our club than Pete.

Keep abusing Pete and he'll just say "Fuck It". He'll just sell it to anyone and we'll go down faster than the titanic. Would you blame him? All this stress and abuse for what exactly?

You cant stand on both sides of the argument though. All through this thread you have been consistent in your belief that there are no millionaires waiting in the wings to buy off Pete but also seem to be claiming here that in fact there are but you just might not like them?

so which is it?

If he just sells the football club, but keeps all the good stuff I would be stunned if anyone on here thinks that's a good thing. No matter how deep the pockets are, it won't last forever.

Why would he sell the good bits?

I guess only if the price is very good.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:33 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:

so which is it?

Why would he sell the good bits?

I guess only if the price is very good.

Well if he's leaving that most on here want, it better be.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:41 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Magpie wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
WellDon wrote:

so which is it?

That I understand. I just dont believe he built it to be unsaleable though. It makes no sense. On the off chance that he has made the football club unsellable in isolation, then hes an even bigger idiot than he looks.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 2:24 pm 

The man has spoken.

Said it wasn't threatening and he has to have taken the heat for what happens. Condems his own reaction, not the fans.

How interesting eh? Those pesky thugs might actually be okay!

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next