THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:57 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:36 am 

Can you imagine the club spend all pre-season hyping Matt Smith up again.

The guy isn’t good enough for League 1 or 2. Get rid ASAP.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:42 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Grigg, Eisa and Dean could be all we need striker wise. If we can get midfield players capable of actually creating some decent chances then all 3 could score goals.

I’d like to see how Devoy/Burns fair in League 2 as well.

You'll seriously have to get over your Grigg fixation. He's been shit since that Man U game. And as for this season, if he'd actually been shit that would've been an improvement on what he actually was.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:01 am 

DippyDon wrote:
Grigg, Eisa and Dean could be all we need striker wise. If we can get midfield players capable of actually creating some decent chances then all 3 could score goals.

We really can’t make the same mistake we did this season. We have to strengthen the ST department. League 2 defenders are no mugs. Eisa is massively hit and miss, Dean is unproven and Grigg could go either way.

We’re going to need someone with strength in that league.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:34 am 

We definitely need a striker with physical strength. That has been a big problem for us this year.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:21 am 

Gers wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

You'll seriously have to get over your Grigg fixation. He's been shit since that Man U game. And as for this season, if he'd actually been shit that would've been an improvement on what he actually was.

We don’t know what a Grigg with service in League 2 will be like, but calling him shit since August 2014 when he’s scored 34 goals just for us since is overly harsh.

He may have been shit, but he’s still our second top goalscorer despite not scoring in months because of how shit everybody has been. Give him service and he scored goals, that’s always been the case. Now we’ll be a league lower and we should be creating a lot more chances.

The point is as others have stated that a widespread overhaul doesn’t often work, so if we can streamline that then that’s a positive financially and for squad cohesion.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:29 am 

Gers wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

This in spades. If any other STRIKER had been at our club and not scored in five months people would have lynched him by now. You say you want a physical striker well to make room for that Grigg can fuck right off. I will drive him to wherever he needs to go free of charge. He has been appalling all season wasn't great the second time round. He is dog shit. Infact thats doing dog shit a disservice. Yeah second highest goalscorer with 5 league goals says it all joint with a defensive mid who can't get near the squad and miles behind eisa. Plus he keeps Dean out the side which is a joke in itself. people have said to me that there must be a clause in his contract saying he has to play cause anyone in that poor form can't get in the team on merit so what the fuck is wacko playing at? He offers nothing runs around a lot looks pritty I really wish will grigg was on fire but instead it's like rubbing two wet sticks together.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:40 am 

I dont get how he's been shit since the Man Utd game, its a bit specific and its wrong... he was superb that season all year. Since, he was brilliant for Wigan.
Grigg is a good striker at L2 level. I think he's been massively misused this year.

We've not had many 1 v 1 opportunities all year, I think he finishes them. At L2 level and a fresh season with a break he'd offer good experience and leadership.

However, I'd not be devastated if he goes.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:47 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I dont get how he's been shit since the Man Utd game, its a bit specific and its wrong... he was superb that season all year. Since, he was brilliant for Wigan.
Grigg is a good striker at L2 level. I think he's been massively misused this year.

We've not had many 1 v 1 opportunities all year, I think he finishes them. At L2 level and a fresh season with a break he'd offer good experience and leadership.

Been given 10 minutes at the end of the game, yet gets slagged off for being shit.

Agreed that Grigg has not been utilised enough. He’s very good at holding the ball up for others and clever lay offs. He deserved more game time and if given it next season, could be very good for us.

He put it on a plate yesterday for Eisa, who curled it into the keepers arms from 5 yards out.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:51 am 

He's fucking shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 2:14 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Been given 10 minutes at the end of the game, yet gets slagged off for being shit.

Agreed that Grigg has not been utilised enough. He’s very good at holding the ball up for others and clever lay offs. He deserved more game time and if given it next season, could be very good for us.

He put it on a plate yesterday for Eisa, who curled it into the keepers arms from 5 yards out.

Why is he getting 10 minutes? Cause as a striker he is fucking terrible. If he was that competent Jackson might have more faith in him. I admit our midfield do nothing to create for either striker but his lack of goals are one of the reasons we are where we are. 44 league goals and one player who apparently is a luxury player got a quarter of them. If he stays and eisa goes he needs to up that goal tally from game one otherwise we will struggle again

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next