THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:51 pm 

Just checked and we finished on 8th May last year with the retained list announced no the official site on 18th May - so we may well have news in the next 2 weeks.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:52 pm 

AB4 wrote:
Just can't pass or shoot but with a bit more time he may come good.

The golfer can’t drive or putt but with a bit more time he may come good.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 8:54 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Donsduck wrote:
Sadly I think relegation will mean that no offer will be refused and decent players at the end of their contract will go so:

Maghoma/Cumming/Lawrence back to parent clubs

Watson O’Hora Tucker McEachran Leko KaiKai Eisa Jules (Fleetwood) could all go to a higher level

Leaving Lewie Devoy Grant Burns Kemp Holland Ravizoli
Grigg(?) Robson Dean Dennis and a selection of youngsters

This is just an idea and I may well have missed players

Sounds about right also possibly leaving would be Harvie, I think Holland was only a 1 yr deal and also staying we have Matt Smith!

Maybe Smith will play next season and might eventually find his level. Certainly puts himself about the pitch. Just can't pass or shoot but with a bit more time he may come good.

I cannot see Smith staying. It hasn't worked for either party for one reason or another. I dont put it down to him being a bad footballer.

Fingers crossed we can find a buyer then. He can't be a bad player if he was a City's youth team but doesn't seem good enough for L1 to me

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:46 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Why would you want to keep any of them?

Because believe it or not rebuilding the fucking squad from the ground up like we did this season didn't bloody work.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:07 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Steampunk Don wrote:
Teams like Burton, Shrewsbury, Cambridge, Port Vale, etc will all have at least the same transfer budget as us. Why would anyone stay unless they had to?

We've got a nice stadium.

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:27 am 

Id like to keep the majority of the squad, i think almost all of them are capable of a big push in league 2 if we can dust off the dissapointment of this year.

Theres some we simply wont be able to convince to stay but i dont think we need a massive overhaul.

Imo we need to replace those that leave well and then add quality where we made the mistakes this season such as bolstering the eing back position for cover and competition? And some real firepower in numbers up front.

We simply cannot go into a season ever again without 2 marquee strikers for said level
And 1 proper nasty target man. It will be a shambles if the recruitment team do not address this going forward, it is no longer an area we can penny pinch or rely on someone over the hill to add competition and cover.

We also need to continue to address the lack of experience, know how and mental fortitude in the squad.

Going forward we need a team of 16 dave martins, mcfadz, potter etc with a sprinkling of scott twines, oriley, healey.

Not trying to find a team of 11 kids and hoping we strike the jackpot.

A team of character, experience, leadership and quality in depth is needed with the odd uoung prospect drafted in.

We wont be able to achieve that overnight but long term it has to be ghe makeup of the club to be succesfull.

From the top to the bottom we need football minds, experience and leadership with proven track records in success.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:52 am 

Under contract, hard to keep: O'Hora, Leko.

Under contract, could be good in L2: Harvie, Tucker, Devoy, Robson, Burns, Grant, Kemp, Ilunga, Tripp (?).

Out of contract, tough to get them to stay: McEachran, Watson, Eisa, Kaikai.

Out of contract, cheerio: Johnson, Grigg (thanks for the memories), Jules.

Oh shit, we're lumbered with them: Smith, Holland, Dennis.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:04 am 

Toby Carvery wrote:
Under contract, hard to keep: O'Hora, Leko.

Under contract, could be good in L2: Harvie, Tucker, Devoy, Robson, Burns, Grant, Kemp, Ilunga, Tripp (?).

Out of contract, tough to get them to stay: McEachran, Watson, Eisa, Kaikai.

Out of contract, cheerio: Johnson, Grigg (thanks for the memories), Jules.

Oh shit, we're lumbered with them: Smith, Holland, Dennis.

A good summary but I think that the oh shits may be quite useful in L2. Can't see us getting much better signings at that level.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:07 am 

Grigg, Eisa and Dean could be all we need striker wise. If we can get midfield players capable of actually creating some decent chances then all 3 could score goals.

I’d like to see how Devoy/Burns fair in League 2 as well.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:28 am 

Simple. Keep anyone above a 6.5 rating

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/28/Show ... eynes-Dons

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next