THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mark Jackson
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 6:56 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
Casual Bystander wrote:
You can’t blame relegation on just 1 or 2 results out of 46.

Of course you can’t blame relegation on them, but you can certainly point to moments where we should have won and were in commanding positions before fucking it up.

Last 5 games of season. All against teams with very little to play for. didn't win a game. Says it all

I think it’s fair to say there are a whole load of stats that prove essentially the same point, they’ve been shit since day 1.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 6:58 pm 

midfielder wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

Kill me if this ages badly but my view is L2 is the "easiest" of the leagues to progress out of. No absolutely massive wage bills (Wrexham excepted this time), and less of a gulf in quality between bottom and top. Plus there are three auto promotion places.

I reckon we will finish about 11th in L2 next season. Early prediction.

Which is exactly what the AFC lot were saying this time last year. They are sitting in 21st.

If we don't get out of L2 in 2 seasons we will be there for 5-10.

Mansfield have been stuck there since we scraped a 1-0 against them to win promotion.

It's the MK way. :?

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:29 pm 

I like Mark Jackson and in the right environment, he may have flourished, but hes failed. Its really as simple as that. Hes not solely to blame of course, but he should have done better.

Because of that, I don't have the confidence he will bring us anything more than mediocre stability in League Two.

I certainly wouldn't want Tisdale back for obvious reasons, but I think somebody with a bit of experience and knowhow is what we need.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 7:33 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
I like Mark Jackson and in the right environment, he may have flourished, but hes failed. Its really as simple as that. Hes not solely to blame of course, but he should have done better.

Because of that, I don't have the confidence he will bring us anything more than mediocre stability in League Two.

I certainly wouldn't want Tisdale back for obvious reasons, but I think somebody with a bit of experience and knowhow is what we need.

We needed that in December, but no, we’ll go down the route of hiring somebody whose out of their depth and CHEAP

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:06 pm 

In what world would we get Tisdale back :lol:

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:09 pm 

I cannot see the point of firing Jackson, and hiring someone equally as inexperienced, and the money that would come out of the playing budget to accommodate a new guy.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 10:46 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
In what world would we get Tisdale back :lol:

A very fucked up world.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:39 pm 

He did what he could. A lot of his problems were unfortunate. Lost Lewie before he even started then ohora and then Stewart. Yeah people critised him cause he didn't get a second CB but with how lacking we were all over Jan was never going to be the complete solution. He came in on the 23rd December. No time to train much before the Christmas fixtures so really got thrown in at the deep end maybe he genuinely though he had a capable lot I have no idea. Tactically his a bit odd. Today for example had Dean on the bench and never brought him on. May have done nothing but another striker on the pitch couldn't have done any harm. However, I am not hanging him out to dry like some here. Yeah he has done the bare minimum with what he had but when so much on the pitch have done the bare minimum what did you think would happen? I'd give him summer and see what can happen if by October (not fucking December) he is not firing then maybe we let him go

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:22 am 
Heart says keep him, he's a down to earth nice bloke and family man who has a good balance of emotions in front of the camera.

Head says we need a new approach, he was brought in to keep the club in L1 and failed and L2 needs an experienced operator like last time.

It would also leave a bitter taste knowing we sacked Manning (rightfully) with the club in the relegation zone 6 months after he achieved a playoff finish and 89 points, but retained his replacement who achieved relegation.

Last edited by Filth on Mon May 08, 2023 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:30 am 

I feel a bit divided on this too.

I quite like him, but I wonder if it'll be better psychologically for the team to have a fresh start next season, free from the baggage of this absolute shitshow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next