THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:55 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Mark Jackson
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:35 am 

Most have our managerial appointments have been inexperienced managers. Robbo, Ince, Di Matteo all worked out pretty well. I really don’t want a Steve Evans or Neil Warnock type appointment. I’d much rather work with Jackson whilst he learns the job.

Post subject: Re: Mark Jackson
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:40 am 

I like jackson on a personal level but nothing about the football weve seen on the pitch so far has convinced me hes the right person to take us to that next level and operate at the top of any table with an attractive brand of collumn selling unique modern football. I want it to work for him as hes a cracking character and thoroughly decent bloke who never once hung the players out to dry under difficult circumstances but i simply cannot see where the standard of football we desire is going to come from. I appreciate he may have not fully shown us what hes capable of yet, his vision and has been keeping it simple and ugly basics to try and keep us up with a limited squad so for that reason id give him pre season and 4 months if he wants it providing we see progress and a good start if he wants it but i wouldnt be sentimental and hold out too long making a decision if it isnt working pronto. We simply have to see the start of a brand of football we desire as a club and something we can build on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7