THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Next Manager
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:25 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Alby wrote:
What about Richie Barker on a deal until the end of the season as caretaker?? Again I can’t see anyone coming in on a permanent contract

I’d say that’s a good call. What’s he currently doing?

Nice guy but he failed his audition last time. You don't like change do you dons50? How about the return of Karl Robinson?

Why would he come back?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:27 am 

Mark Warburton would be a decent shout did really well at Brentford but also has experience of Scottish football so may know a bit about the Scottish element of our squad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:28 am 

dons50 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Alby wrote:
What about Richie Barker on a deal until the end of the season as caretaker?? Again I can’t see anyone coming in on a permanent contract

I’d say that’s a good call. What’s he currently doing?

Nice guy but he failed his audition last time. You don't like change do you dons50? How about the return of Karl Robinson?

Why would he come back?

You never know. 16/1 at the bookies. :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:30 am 

Donsduck wrote:
Mark Warburton would be a decent shout did really well at Brentford but also has experience of Scottish football so may know a bit about the Scottish element of our squad.

And if he doesn't fancy it, he can always walk away. Then if the team he's walked away to don't want him, he can try and walk back, saying that he never walked away in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:44 am 

I think we should look for a proven 6-month option now and re-assess in the summer.

Whoever the next longer-term manager then is, I really hope we can agree some kind of deal that doesn't tie us to 6 or 7 figure pay outs if it all goes South. You fail, you're fired - just like in every other walk of life.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:47 am 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
I think we should look for a proven 6-month option now and re-assess in the summer.

Whoever the next longer-term manager then is, I really hope we can agree some kind of deal that doesn't tie us to 6 or 7 figure pay outs if it all goes South. You fail, you're fired - just like in every other walk of life.

No manager would sign such a contract.

Your point about - you fail and you’re fired, and you therefore get no money - is fair enough only if you assess whether they’ve failed over a long enough period.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:57 am 

Congested February coming up.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:11 am 

One point I’d add (as well as the lack of experience) why I don’t believe it can be Rubio at this current point in time is that whichever candidates Pete sits down with from tomorrow, they’ll all need to show that they have three or four deals in the pipeline and ready to conclude the moment their appointment is confirmed. Pete will know we have to bring the players in urgently. That was the case under Robbie and it remains so.

For me, the fact Ed wouldn’t be able to hit the ground running on the recruitment side will mean he’s not considered.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:12 am 

I haven’t seen Steve Brown mentioned anywhere yet, was it a coincidence that he was brought in in the last couple of weeks?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:13 am 

mbbntmb wrote:
I haven’t seen Steve Brown mentioned anywhere yet, was it a coincidence that he was brought in in the last couple of weeks?

I can’t see it, TBH.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 19  Next