THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Next Manager
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 pm 
Camdenite wrote:
Anyway, back to Ed Rubio...

Another reason I don’t want him to have it just yet is that i want him involved in this club for a good few years yet. His work is too valuable for our long term goals as a club and I’d hate to see us lose a prize asset because he over-reached himself before he was ready. He may feel differently, of course, and that’s his prerogative, but he should know that one day, when the circumstances are right, then he’ll be the main man.

Yeah I agree with that - its tempting to some as he has achieved a lot already in his role. If he did step up then we would need to find someone capable enough to replace him in his role and I think that could be a real challenge. At best I think Rubio could take over temporarily, but only in the very short term. He seems to be doing great work in the academy and that has to be a priority going forward given our tradition of bringing through good youth players.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:45 pm 

APMKDon wrote:
Latest Sky bet odds

Dan Micciche 6/4 (from 10/1)

Karl Robinson 7/2 (from 16/1)

Stranger things have happened at sea than these 2 being the PW dream team.

I suspect it is a dream though

PW has a lot of dreams. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:47 pm 
APMKDon wrote:
I completely get what you are saying but this year PW cannot take 6 weeks he needs to do it in 6 days Micciche now 4/6

He will either bring in a temporary/caretaker until the end of the season (likely either Rubio or someone previously associated with the club) and spend months researching/interviewing someone for the job in the summer.

Or like you say, he will act quickly - but this doesn't seem like Pete's style. He won't want to fuck up again.

My gut says that we won't bring in a permanent manager before the end of the January window. I think we'll have a caretaker first, and my gut says it will be Rubio until the end of the season.

I need ice cream.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:56 pm 

Time for a conspiracy theory

Dan Micciche left the FA by Mutual agreement 21.12.

On 21.1 is PW in talks with him. ( I know Filthy comment re Cotterill but he was at least one of our games and perhaps he turned us down) This morning Micciche is heavily backed to be the next manager.

Had PW bearing in mind his video all ready selected Micciche but the FA put a claus(e) (it was Xmas) in his contact that he could not take up employment elsewhere for a month. Not beyond the realms of possibility. On 20/1 Neilson sacked or whatever you want to call it.

I for one do not believe in coincidences (with good reason)

PW cannot hang around this time and needs to have the job done this week transfer window etc

The only thing I hope if this is the case he finds some experience from League 1 from somewhere.

Which leads me to KR or Phil Brown(e)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:56 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:

My gut says that we won't bring in a permanent manager before the end of the January window. I think we'll have a caretaker first, and my gut says it will be Rubio until the end of the season.

I need ice cream.

Not sure Pete will share that view. We need players and bringing in a manger pre-31st Jan means he can do the deals to get them in. Likely candidates will be assessing the current squad and know who they want out the door and where too if that’s what needs to happen to make the required deals work.

I’ll be stunned if we don’t have anyone in before Friday.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm 
Camdenite wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

I need ice cream.

Not sure Pete will share that view. We need players and bringing in a manger pre-31st Jan means he can do the deals to get them in. Likely candidates will be assessing the current squad and know who they want out the door and where too if that’s what needs to happen to make the required deals work.

I’ll be stunned if we don’t have anyone in before Friday.

I think we'll have someone announced as being in charge until the summer. Even if a manager came in today, I really think they would struggle to have a meaningful impact on the squad with transfers given that there is only 10 days left.

Most of the groundwork will have been done by Bobby W and others, probably inline with what Neilson has instructed. So unless the new manager has his own ideas/connections, I don't think we will see much activity. Maybe a LB or CB already researched by Bobby W.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Talking to Pete this morning (via the medium of the Astral Plane) he said he wants a big name, a surprise name and he wants to give a chance of redemption to a personal favourite. I pushed him on the name and he said:

John Barnes.

We'll have to wait for him to be evicted from the Big Brother House.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:04 pm 

Don Direction wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Talking to Pete this morning (via the medium of the Astral Plane) he said he wants a big name, a surprise name and he wants to give a chance of redemption to a personal favourite. I pushed him on the name and he said:

John Barnes.

We'll have to wait for him to be evicted from the Big Brother House.

Everyone had better get on their phones then and vote for him to stay.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:05 pm 
Sky Sports reporting that Alan Stubbs is apparently interested.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:08 pm 

FilthyDon wrote:
Sky Sports reporting that Alan Stubbs is apparently interested.

It shows the difference between Scottish & English football again, Hibernian 58% wins, Rotherham 7% wins.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next