THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Next Manager
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:30 pm 

Otterspocket wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:
You've got to wonder, if we did get a permanent manager in very quickly (still think its unlikely), then how long has Pete been looking for a suitable replacement? Wouldn't surprise me if he's been in contact with a few behind the scenes since early-December to pre-empty Neilson not improving things. Being in contact with someone like Dan Micciche is a lot less high profile than if he had been in discussions with an established/experienced manager.

My guess would be that very much like player recruitment, the club will always have a list of a few names they fancy. It would only be prudent to do so.

Perhaps the club can be clever and ask the people on the shortlist who they would realistically buy as manager and go out to buy them. :D

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:30 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Watford have sacked their manager and are expecting to sign his replacement later today or tomorrow!

Robbie Neilson? :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:35 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Kempstondons6 wrote:
Watford have sacked their manager and are expecting to sign his replacement later today or tomorrow!

Robbie Neilson? :D

I highly recommended him ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:35 pm 
Current odds:

4/7 Dan Micciche
4/1 Karl Robinson
6/1 Phil Brown
8/1 Edu Rubio
9/1 Simon Grayson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:36 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:

To be fair, Watford have a circular conveyor belt around Vicarage Road, with lots of different managers on it, waiting to be picked. A bit like a sushi bar.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:46 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
rosie47 wrote:
micciche and mitchell* both out of work.

*well, seemingly - no one seems to know what happened at spurs.

Is this a realistic option?

i reckon if they offered mitchell full control as some kind of director of football he’d listen. his departure from spurs seemed to be frustration that his work was going underutilised.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:04 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
rosie47 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
rosie47 wrote:
micciche and mitchell* both out of work.

*well, seemingly - no one seems to know what happened at spurs.

Is this a realistic option?

i reckon if they offered mitchell full control as some kind of director of football he’d listen. his departure from spurs seemed to be frustration that his work was going underutilised.

I think if he was frustrated at Spurs, he'd be infuriated here. After his success at Southampton, I can't see him dropping down to a league one relegation battle unless he was offered the managers job and it was a fresh route he wanted to take. Anything behind the scenes, then I'm sure he'll get much better offers than us.
Worth PW trying it, as it would be one hell of an appointment. But can't see it happening.

well, it sounded like the problem was interference from daniel levy. pete would basically let him do what he wants (within budget) and whether as manager or dof, he’d have full license to sign the players he wants and follow his vision for the club. he wouldn’t get that kind of control in the prem.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:43 pm 

How about a Donny and Mooie joint appointment - they'd be able to quickly establish a connection with the fans.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:15 pm 

Sky have just said that Grayson is now favourite.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:18 pm 

Gers wrote:
Sky have just said that Grayson is now favourite.

Unless it's something to do with the top clubs Sky will say anything to get people betting with them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next