THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 5:50 am 

As Tracey Thorn so memorably put it when Everything But The Girl were at the height of their fame back in the 90’s “Actually babe, do you know what? I think I want to stop now.”

So...

It is with absolutely no regret or sadness on our part that we've decided that the final episode of season 5 will be just that, the final episode.

After almost five years of talking rubbish about 70's sitcoms, what we've been watching on the telly, films, music and indeed some football along the way, we've come to the conclusion that all good things, and some not so good, must come to an end. Therefore we're looking forward to getting our lives back, putting our feet up, and enjoying going to the footy for what it is, just a game.

It has without a doubt been a blast, and we've had some fantastic guests, and some right stinkers. We'll let you decide which is which. Simon Crampton (still our highest rated episode for some unknown reason), Russell Martin, Lewie, Darren Potter, Liam Manning, Dons' Action, Dean Bowditch, Lee Scriven, oh the list is endless.

We'd obviously like to thank Alby and Dan, who were both fantastic co-hosts, and who can forget Housewives' Favorite Sam!

But most importantly of all we'd like to thank you for contributing, downloading and everything else you've done to help along the way. We know that you didn't have to listen to us, but we're genuinely thankful that you did.

Our site is funded up until the end of November this year, so if you've any interest in sending us some Dons' related audio, or anything else for that matter, we'd be more than happy to put it up.

And you never know, you may get that unredacted Martin episode...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:05 am 

Gutted to hear this :( always enjoyed your ramblings. I’ve no context on how a podcast is made etc but I’m sure it’s a bit of work. Thanks for entertaining us all for so many years.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:54 am 

I know how much time it takes to put together audio content either as live or pre-recorded on a weekly basis.

Come the start of next season though, Thursday mornings won't be the same, hope you both do pop up from time to time on other media events :D

Last edited by Supervisor number 5 on Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:58 am 

Great shame to hear this, always loved listening in, was one of if not the best pre-match show out there, never took yourselves too seriously, it was never just about you, never afraid to wander off point, and sometimes disregard you probably should have been talking about football.
And it was never accurate ……
Happy Retirement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:45 am 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:30 am 

Thanks for the podcast, it was always a good listen, especially after a bad run of results, with no punches being pulled! I also appreciate that you didn't take yourselves too seriously, or focused to much on the football, it wouln't be half of what it is if you had gone down that route.

Now that I think of it, this bothers me far more than our potential relegation, and I wish I was joking :(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:15 am 

Thanks for the podcast - I really enjoyed it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:34 am 

I've listened most weeks and enjoyed every episode. From the brilliant interviews which beat anything else the club or wider media ever did, to the ramblings about whatever it was that week. I'll
Miss it. Thank you both. Now fuck off!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:06 pm 

My Friday morning constitutional won't be the same without the accompaniment musings of the grumble brothers. Now that the 'other lot' are running gambling ads so making them 'podcast non gratis' in my eyes, I'll have to get my fill of middle aged men commentary from the upper reaches of the east stand. What fun.

You'll be hardly missed, sorry I mean sorely missed.

Now, fuck off :D :lol: :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:17 pm 

It’s a shame, but I guess all good things come to an end.