THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Next season
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:42 pm 

jeoff82 wrote:
Tripp has looked decent for us whenever he has played so I don't know why he hasn't been played more often. Look forward to seeing more of him tbh. At least he will show more try than the crap we have been subjected to this year.

Tbf he’s only 16…

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:52 pm 

Focusing on running intensity etc sounds like a Jackson stat. Would a change of manager impact things?

Side note - Blackpool’s decision to recall Robson and then not play him absolutely destroyed his career. I feel bad for him been a completely different player since then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:55 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
jeoff82 wrote:
Tripp has looked decent for us whenever he has played so I don't know why he hasn't been played more often. Look forward to seeing more of him tbh. At least he will show more try than the crap we have been subjected to this year.

Tbf he’s only 16…

Yer and he's shown to be a bright prospect. Defo would of given him some mins here and there.

On a side note Fleetwood gave a 18 keeper a full debut against us at the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:56 pm 

Thanks for sharing the info. If we do stay up (unlikely) those 20-22 players will have to be top quality. If we go down, we could struggle to get back up for a while.

Seems like we could be on for another episode of cost cutting that actually ends up with us losing more money than we save. This year we've scrimped where possible and it is likely to cost us L1 gate receipts next season and falling home attendances along with all the other crap going on.

When will Pete learn?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:47 pm 

So two things I take from this is Jackson will be staying. There is no need to get another manager where his wheelhouse is looking after youth.

Also, unless the magic pixie dust works then we might be in for the long haul in league two. At least a few seasons. Thing is that worries me is is it going to be a lot of releases? Those things cost money and if we can't move them on is there going to be a lot of dead weight?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:00 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
So two things I take from this is Jackson will be staying. There is no need to get another manager where his wheelhouse is looking after youth.

Also, unless the magic pixie dust works then we might be in for the long haul in league two. At least a few seasons. Thing is that worries me is is it going to be a lot of releases? Those things cost money and if we can't move them on is there going to be a lot of dead weight?

I can't imagine many of them being on either long or expensive contracts , lower league football tends to be full of players on one year deals anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:08 pm 

Zeberdee wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

I can't imagine many of them being on either long or expensive contracts , lower league football tends to be full of players on one year deals anyway.

Some of the younger players will be on 2-3 years. We would have wanted to lock their value in just incase they came good. But the likes of Bradley Johnson will be gone and we'll save £5k/w there alone.
Hopefully McEchran will stay but he could move on to a L1 team easily. Be handy to have Eisa and O'Hora too (although they are our only decent assets so probably be sold). Obviously Lewie will stay. The rest can be released at the end of their contract or we can only hope for some mug to take the rest of our hands.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:12 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
I am privy to some inside information now and again, and I know that next season we are aiming to have a squad of 20/22 players and 4/5 of those are to be players from the youth academy, they are looking to massively cut back next season. I’ve seen a lot of information from training that tbh is very damming if our current midfield and shows why the youth will be played next season instead. Stay up or go down, I think we are going to be in for a very tough year next season.

Not doubting your information. However, I find it very difficult to believe that PW and the club (if/when we are relegated) would risk potentially dropping into non League with such a risky strategy.
We all know that the team has come second or even third in terms of priority for a number of different reasons over the years. But PW is open about the fact he wants to sell up. If he wants to achieve that, then he'll get a lot more interest (or at least some) if we are in L1.
He's going to want/have to plough money into the training ground, but underfunding or making drastic cuts to the playing budget would be suicide for his selling ambition.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:29 pm 

JonnyG wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
I am privy to some inside information now and again, and I know that next season we are aiming to have a squad of 20/22 players and 4/5 of those are to be players from the youth academy, they are looking to massively cut back next season. I’ve seen a lot of information from training that tbh is very damming if our current midfield and shows why the youth will be played next season instead. Stay up or go down, I think we are going to be in for a very tough year next season.

Not doubting your information. However, I find it very difficult to believe that PW and the club (if/when we are relegated) would risk potentially dropping into non League with such a risky strategy.
We all know that the team has come second or even third in terms of priority for a number of different reasons over the years. But PW is open about the fact he wants to sell up. If he wants to achieve that, then he'll get a lot more interest (or at least some) if we are in L1.
He's going to want/have to plough money into the training ground, but underfunding or making drastic cuts to the playing budget would be suicide for his selling ambition.

I think it’s more because of their belief in the youth players we have, I hope so anyway. But I can assure you that is the plan, they want a smaller squad with the youth acting as the back ups. Fine if it works, Tripp will defo be a saleable asset in a few years, but it doesn’t fill me with much hope.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:42 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
JonnyG wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

I think it’s more because of their belief in the youth players we have, I hope so anyway. But I can assure you that is the plan, they want a smaller squad with the youth acting as the back ups. Fine if it works, Tripp will defo be a saleable asset in a few years, but it doesn’t fill me with much hope.

Ah ok... understand better now. I thought you were saying that they were going to have numerous youth players in the starting 11. Apologies.
If them providing cover means we can spend more money on first choice players then it may pay off

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next