THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Next season
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:25 pm 

I am privy to some inside information now and again, and I know that next season we are aiming to have a squad of 20/22 players and 4/5 of those are to be players from the youth academy, they are looking to massively cut back next season. I’ve seen a lot of information from training that tbh is very damming if our current midfield and shows why the youth will be played next season instead. Stay up or go down, I think we are going to be in for a very tough year next season.

Post subject: Re: Next season
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:27 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
I am privy to some inside information now and again, and I know that next season we are aiming to have a squad of 20/22 players and 4/5 of those are to be players from the youth academy, they are looking to massively cut back next season. I’ve seen a lot of information from training that tbh is very damming if our current midfield and shows why the youth will be played next season instead. Stay up or go down, I think we are going to be in for a very tough year next season.

Can you expand on the damming info any further? Is it about distance covered/pressing intensity etc?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:28 pm 

Running intensity, speed, distance and length of time. A lot of senior pros all being out done by our U18 midfielders. Probably why the likes of Robson and Devoy (worst stats were these 2) are getting very few minutes on the pitch.

Last edited by BetterCallSaul on Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:29 pm 

I also have some inside information. I'm going to come on here, without any further backup, then everyone will think I'm fucking brilliant, when in actual fact I'm just fishing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:30 pm 

Gers wrote:
I also have some inside information. I'm going to come on here, without any further backup, then everyone will think I'm fucking brilliant, when in actual fact I'm just fishing.

I’m not, I’ll even happily talk to you, this isn’t the first time I’ve given information, it’s true. I also know which youth players have signed contracts for next season and the positions sweeting wants them to play as first, second and third choice.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:31 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Running intensity, speed, distance and length of time. A lot of senior pros all being out done by our U18 midfielders. Probably why the likes of Robson and Devoy (worst stats were these 2) are getting very few minutes on the pitch.

Out of interest who was at the top end of the scale?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:33 pm 

Maghoma and Tripp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:38 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Maghoma and Tripp

If we are on for a rough season playing Tripp would be a silver lining. Probably the brightest prospect in the academy at the minute.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:40 pm 

Tripp has looked decent for us whenever he has played so I don't know why he hasn't been played more often. Look forward to seeing more of him tbh. At least he will show more try than the crap we have been subjected to this year.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:41 pm 

Season after next, National League.

Seriously, if it’s that tight, it’s time PW nailed a For Sale sign on the stadium