THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Tonight's games
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:43 pm 

Big night for us despite not being in action. A few of the games will be significant to how we end the season so I am sure we will all be keeping an eye on them.

Oxford home to Cheltenham is the most obvious one. Hoping Oxford lose, but its probably the easiest game they have had at home since Manning took over. An Oxford win puts them above us in the table and with Forest Green and Accrington left to play they will fancy their chances of staying up. Lose and its squeaky bum time for Manning again.

Accrington are away to Bolton - Bolton will probably beat them comfortably but I think we want Accrington to get 1 point. I know that sounds counter intuitive but I think if Accrington can remain in touching distance of survival it should keep them motivated ahead of their crunch ties against Cambridge and Oxford. Draws in those games would be incredible for us.

Barnsley host Ipswich - why am I highlighting a top end of the table clash? Well if Barnsley win they put themselves back in with a shot of automatic promotion... Don't fancy our chances against a team that motivated on Saturday. However if Ipswich win Barnsley's auto chances are gone and they might be a bit deflated come the weekend or even rest some of they key players (wishful thinking perhaps but hey we live in hope). Hopefully Ipswich can get the win.

Lincoln at home to Burton. Mathematically we can still catch Burton if they don't pick up any more points from 4 remaining games. They have to play Cambridge so we probably want them to get three points in that one. Tonight's game probably isn't significant to us as long as Burton don't get any injuries or suspensions to key players.

Anyone care to predict the results?

Post subject: Re: Tonight's games
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:59 pm 

It's so hard to predict Oxford's result, but I think they win tonight and win conformably too. Cheltenham were poor at StadMK and we should have beat them by 2 or 3 goals. I have very little confidence in them doing us a favour.

Since March, Oxford's home form has not been that bad if you take a deeper look into it

They've played 4 home games and picked up 2 points, however those 4 games have been against Derby, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton and Portsmouth. They drew with SW and Portsmouth. They've also not conceded many, even against the top teams. Although they haven't scored many either.

I think of all the 5 teams fighting to avoid the last 3 relegation places, Oxford will finish above everyone.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:58 pm 

Oxford v Cheltenham, a local Derby? I'm hoping for a couple of red cards for three sides and a car park.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:13 pm 

Let's hope Alfie May carries on his form, I bet Manning wished Matty Taylor wasn't out on loan...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:04 pm 

Cheltenham's keeper is absolutely shambolic. It's as if they've let a fan have a go in goal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:16 pm 

Goalless in all games so far. Snore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:24 pm 

Oxford one up. We've dropped down to 20th

Last edited by Gers on Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:25 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Goalless in all games so far. Snore

You tw@t Oxford have just scored.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:25 pm 

Ah well, league 2 tour it is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:26 pm 

Only one winner I’m afraid. Cheltenham have been woeful.