THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Max Dean
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:02 am 

Hertsdon wrote:
Grigg is now playing the role we signed him for. Experienced squad striker. His best days are behind him, but he has proven he can be somewhat effective when we need to either manage the game or need a fresh body to run after it/hold the ball up. He is a limited player these days and it doesn’t always work (Cheltenham at home springs to mind but he got stitched up by Leko for their late goal). To suggest he doesn’t try is frankly absurd.

Dean has made a couple of cameos, scored one goal and done largely fuck all else. Grigg is by no means perfect but I don’t get this idea that Max Dean is going to be our saviour.

So yesterday grigg comes on 1-0 down runs a little bit gets booked and does fuck all to improve the game. And no I wasn't at Accrington in the end but hardly says a lot for his ability if that is the last game he turned up in as they are no better than us. Whilst I understand Dean is young if there were no intentions of using him loan him out. Not difficult is it. Poor guy just sits at home or in the stands watch the tripe we are watching probably desperate to prove himself. Least he has scored this calendar year. Unlike grigg who's last goal was v Newport. I don't give a crap about him holding up play. He is there to score goals and it's shows how little faith Jackson has in him really if we are 1-0 down and he only comes on with 10 mins left. Soon he is gone the better. It was a panic buy of the highest order when we couldn't land whatever magical target we were aiming for in the summer (and fuck right off if people say he was first choice). People give eisa shit for less and however frustrating he is (and he is) at least he gets goals. It's hypocritical to bash eisa when grigg does even less and imo was only there to please us plebs who remember the "glory days" of 2014.

Well I guess I don't know football if A MAIN FUCKING STRIKER which he is isn't scoring goals. He maybe a physical presence and if we are winning great bring him on to manage the game if you want but we were chasing a game yesterday one we needed to win and I am sorry it's so fucking patronising and as I say down right hypocritical to give grigg a free pass. But what do I know I don't know football

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:05 pm 

Warwickdons wrote:
Exactly why does Mr Grigg get in the squad above Max Dean? Along with many others, Grigg is a waste of space, surely young Max deserves game time, at least he trys!!

I'm at a complete loss understanding his role too. He can't score and his contribution to the game is of little value. I can fully understand why Sunderland let him go and if we have similar ambitions then we should too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:49 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
I genuinely think that those who don’t understand what Grigg offers, don’t really understand football that well.

You mean toctell me, a lot of our fans don't know their football? Colour me shocked.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 3:33 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
Warwickdons wrote:
Exactly why does Mr Grigg get in the squad above Max Dean? Along with many others, Grigg is a waste of space, surely young Max deserves game time, at least he trys!!

I'm at a complete loss understanding his role too. He can't score and his contribution to the game is of little value. I can fully understand why Sunderland let him go and if we have similar ambitions then we should too.

Apparently some people on here who "know football better than us" can understand what grigg brings to the table. I wish the oh so wise sages would enlighten us with their wisdom and insight cause I am at a bloody loss. He hasn't scored in five months and apart from few sporadic episodes here and there gives very little. Mind you its easy being patronising it's harder to prove you point

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:20 pm 

From my view point. Grigg comes into the game as a bit of a battering ram. Playing similarly to how Kane does, comes deep, gets involved, wins the ball for others around him to get more involved, especially wingers who can come a bit more centrally whilst he deals with the dirty stuff.

As I said. He's absolutely not the answer. But if you're just watching him and thinking "he hasn't scored for 5 months" and remembering the player we once had, instead of taking those specs off and trying to watch what he's actually asked to do, you'll get your answer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:34 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
From my view point. Grigg comes into the game as a bit of a battering ram. Playing similarly to how Kane does, comes deep, gets involved, wins the ball for others around him to get more involved, especially wingers who can come a bit more centrally whilst he deals with the dirty stuff.

As I said. He's absolutely not the answer. But if you're just watching him and thinking "he hasn't scored for 5 months" and remembering the player we once had, instead of taking those specs off and trying to watch what he's actually asked to do, you'll get your answer.

He's a forward who is neither a goalscorer or even a game changer. He also has zero assists to his name this season. He's ineffectual.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:46 pm 

What part of "he's not the answer" are people not getting here???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 4:47 pm 

Wilbraham didn't score that many goals for us but he was the proverbial pain in the neck to play against. Maybe Grigg should learn to fall over more like Aaron did...?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:04 pm 

Watching the shooting practice at Fleetwood it's clear (pardon the pun) that Grigg's shooting confidence has been shot to pieces. Saying that he's still our joint 2nd highest scorer with Johnson.

I'm not sure that Max is the answer and since our overall scoring is very poor, I still hold the criticism that if Mo doesn't score, he contributes little else and that adds to inability to get clear chances, that will lead to goals.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:18 pm 

Alby39 wrote:

Aww sweetheart I am definately not thinking of a player from 10 years ago
I would like to think as he was hired to be the cover for eisa until he got back from injury and he was the only striker we signed in the summer that he was brought in to score goals. I don't have any rose coloured specs. Just my normal specs that sees no goals in half a season is fucking appalling and one of the reasons we are in this shit as if eisa doesn't do it not many others actually do. HE IS SHIT. Not just a lack of confidence. A lack of ability. I'm beginning to think he just wasn't that great to begin with. There is a reason he has never gone higher than league one bar that one season for Wigan and that Sunderland benched him despite paying £4million. Even his second spell with us the writing was on the wall that time was tepid to say the least. Yeah he scored four against Swindon but apart from that one game where he played amazing there wasn't a lot to shout about then. He is keeping out a young hungry looking max Dean who has just spent four months doing sweet fa out of the side who may not be the answer but even if he does fuck all that just as much as grigg

Last edited by Russybcool on Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.