THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Max Dean
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:01 pm 

Exactly why does Mr Grigg get in the squad above Max Dean? Along with many others, Grigg is a waste of space, surely young Max deserves game time, at least he trys!!

Post subject: Re: Max Dean
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:18 pm 

One thing I don't think you can accuse Grigg of not doing is trying. He isn't the answer, but neither is Dean. He's the flavour of the month because he shows aggression. Ultimately, he isn't good enough either.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 11:47 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
One thing I don't think you can accuse Grigg of not doing is trying. He isn't the answer, but neither is Dean. He's the flavour of the month because he shows aggression. Ultimately, he isn't good enough either.

You want to talk about aggression grigg was on for less than five minutes and got booked. I can't remember his last goal or meaningful contribution to a game.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:06 am 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

You want to talk about aggression grigg was on for less than five minutes and got booked. I can't remember his last goal or meaningful contribution to a game.

Did you not go to the Accrington game away? Grigg is a useful Plan B, had a good game that day.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:19 am 

Grigg has realised (or the manager, or both) that he won't score goals for us. His off the ball work when coming on as a sub has been effective a what we're trying to do, whether we get a goal or not, it's not solely his fault its the team in general.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:11 am 

Grigg is now playing the role we signed him for. Experienced squad striker. His best days are behind him, but he has proven he can be somewhat effective when we need to either manage the game or need a fresh body to run after it/hold the ball up. He is a limited player these days and it doesn’t always work (Cheltenham at home springs to mind but he got stitched up by Leko for their late goal). To suggest he doesn’t try is frankly absurd.

Dean has made a couple of cameos, scored one goal and done largely fuck all else. Grigg is by no means perfect but I don’t get this idea that Max Dean is going to be our saviour.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:59 am 

Hertsdon wrote:
Grigg is now playing the role we signed him for. Experienced squad striker. His best days are behind him, but he has proven he can be somewhat effective when we need to either manage the game or need a fresh body to run after it/hold the ball up. He is a limited player these days and it doesn’t always work (Cheltenham at home springs to mind but he got stitched up by Leko for their late goal). To suggest he doesn’t try is frankly absurd.

Dean has made a couple of cameos, scored one goal and done largely fuck all else. Grigg is by no means perfect but I don’t get this idea that Max Dean is going to be our saviour.

Pretty much this.

Max might be one for the future but he's no where near what we need now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:03 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Hertsdon wrote:

Pretty much this.

He never will be if we never play him to get experience.
This is the result of the stupid multi-sub system that has killed reserve team football leagues, where youngsters like him learned their trade.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:10 am 

donmentor wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Hertsdon wrote:

Pretty much this.

He never will be if we never play him to get experience.

I partially agree and would like to see him getting minutes as a sub. But I wouldn't want him to shoulder the burden of "saving our season".

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:45 am 

I genuinely think that those who don’t understand what Grigg offers, don’t really understand football that well.