THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Max Dean
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:25 pm 

I would quite like to see Dean starting a match. Just out of curiosity, if nothing else. Oh, and also with the expectation that he can't do any worse than whoever he replaces.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:32 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
From my view point. Grigg comes into the game as a bit of a battering ram. Playing similarly to how Kane does, comes deep, gets involved, wins the ball for others around him to get more involved, especially wingers who can come a bit more centrally whilst he deals with the dirty stuff.

As I said. He's absolutely not the answer. But if you're just watching him and thinking "he hasn't scored for 5 months" and remembering the player we once had, instead of taking those specs off and trying to watch what he's actually asked to do, you'll get your answer.

Aww sweetheart I am definately not thinking of a player from 10 years ago
I would like to think as he was hired to be the cover for eisa until he got back from injury and he was the only striker we signed in the summer that he was brought in to score goals. I don't have any rose coloured specs. Just my normal specs that sees no goals in half a season is fucking appalling and one of the reasons we are in this shit as if eisa doesn't do it not many others actually do. HE IS SHIT. Not just a lack of confidence. A lack of ability. I'm beginning to think he just wasn't that great to begin with. There is a reason he has never gone higher than league one bar that one season for Wigan and that Sunderland benched him despite paying £4million. Even his second spell with us the writing was on the wall that time was tepid to say the least. Yeah he scored four against Swindon but apart from that one game where he played amazing there wasn't a lot to shout about then. He is keeping out a young hungry looking max Dean who has just spent four months doing sweet fa out of the side who may not be the answer but even if he does fuck all that just as much as grigg

If you thought signing Grigg, who scored 2 goals last year, was signed to be the answer to our goalscoring problems then you're severely mislead.
You gotta breath pal, it's not that deep.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:56 pm 

To be fair to Grigg, he's been fucking shit since that night against Man U. It was that game that fucked him. Hyped beyond all possible reality. No one could possibly live up to that.

As for this season. He's been nothing short of a fucking disgrace.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:04 pm 

Why not give Max a go? I mean we’ve nothing to lose, Fleetwood played with two youngsters didn’t, do them any harm.

Keep bringing on Grigg is a waste of time, he runs about with absolutely no effect whatsoever, I didn’t want him back here, because I and many others just knew it wouldn’t work out, he’s a busted flush and needs showing the door ASAP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:27 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Why not give Max a go? I mean we’ve nothing to lose, Fleetwood played with two youngsters didn’t, do them any harm.

We've quite literally got League survival to lose.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:58 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
I genuinely think that those who don’t understand what Grigg offers, don’t really understand football that well.

I think I know a reasonable amount about football, and I also know Grigg offers didly squat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:39 pm 

I see both sides to using Dean and Grigg.

Grigg has a very good work ethic, sadly as he's been feeding on scraps this year but doesn't have the pace of Eisa, he's done very little in terms of goals since the turn of the year though. But as an experienced head for hold up play and closing down, he's a reasonable option.

Dean is a bit of a live wire, we don't really know what to expect from him. Is he ready? Well if we don't play him we will never know. I don't think he is the 'answer' to our problems, but he could be an option to try and help solve them, much like Nombe was. Considering a lot of our games have been similar recently with lots of counter attacks but no end product or through balls to an offside Eisa, maybe we should have given him a go as the substitutions of Grigg and Holland have hardly changed games.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:01 pm 

I'm not against him being given a go, but every year or two we seem to have a flavour of the month who the fans believe is the answer based on very little evidence. We had the same people crowing for Charlie Brown at one point but I kinda get that, probably one of them myself, being solid mid table and at best a playoff push last gasp..

He took the goal at Bristol Rovers very well, but other than that and a few shoulder barges at FGR, I've seen precious little to convince me that in the final 2 games Max Dean is any more of a threat than Grigg is...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:17 am 

Alby39 wrote:
I'm not against him being given a go, but every year or two we seem to have a flavour of the month who the fans believe is the answer based on very little evidence. We had the same people crowing for Charlie Brown at one point but I kinda get that, probably one of them myself, being solid mid table and at best a playoff push last gasp..

He took the goal at Bristol Rovers very well, but other than that and a few shoulder barges at FGR, I've seen precious little to convince me that in the final 2 games Max Dean is any more of a threat than Grigg is...

I think the flavour of the month is more about trying something new when things aren't working, which I get, I don't really think it is about the individual themself. But equally we've seen so little of him, and Brown a couple of years back, that the head coach will have his reasons why he's sticking with a formula which isn't working in favour of trying something new.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:20 am 

If anyone knows max deans strengths it's the man who has been managing him for how ever long he was at the Leeds academy. I am not saying start him but why when you are chasing a game why do you leave it till 80 minutes to bring on grigg? It's either you don't have a clue or you don't like the guy. I honestly can't remember a second half that passed by without much happening from us and as I say all grigg did was run around like a headless chicken and gob off and get booked. Dean must be worth a try. We are getting little to nothing off grigg so what do we have to lose the way it's going we are going down anyway. Recall Dennis if we have to (thats a joke btw before anyones knickers get in knots) just relying on eisa like we do is not working and that poor guy gets a lot of shit for doing very little wrong bar being offside a lot.