THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Real club fans
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:36 pm 

For two decades we have had the piss taken out of us for not being real fans. It was bollocks then, but double bollocks now.

If you follow a football club there is at least an 8 out of 10 chance you will be disappointed at the end of any season. Each year you dream of the 2 in ten chance that you have a good season. And like the addictive gambler you remember the wins much more than the losses, so you keep coming back for more.

The accusation of plastic fans have now been turned into their zero carbon alternative.

We have finally arrived.

Post subject: Re: Real club fans
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:36 pm 

I don't get what a "real fan" is. You are fanatical about a club thats a real fan in my book by definition. I know it's easier said than done but sticking with the club through thick and thin. I could trot out it always darkest before the dawn and other such nonsense but I won't. It's an entertainment business after all but we have a great group of hardcore fans that make just as much noise as derby did and Fleetwood today. Yes our ground is too big but we all know why but our origins will always rub people up the wrong way. Anyway I am drunk after having too many Texas iced teas which until today I didn't know exsisted but I am glad I found them. So every cloud and all that

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:16 pm 

Anyone who says that they're a real fan just wants to look down on others and assert some sort of superiority. And is therefore a Ladybit.

One of the great things about football is that there are a million and one ways to support a team (or the sport) and get some enjoyment out of it. This fact is something that has been sadly lost in the putrid sea of social media one-upmanship.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:59 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Anyone who says that they're a real fan just wants to look down on others and assert some sort of superiority. And is therefore a Ladybit.

One of the great things about football is that there are a million and one ways to support a team (or the sport) and get some enjoyment out of it. This fact is something that has been sadly lost in the putrid sea of social media one-upmanship.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:08 am 

Mk Ron wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Lost for words?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:42 am 

So this isn't a thread about Real Madrid?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 5:10 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
So this isn't a thread about Real Madrid?

Looks that way….who knew.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:45 pm 

Went to Madrid last November.
Not very nice in the 'main bit'; dirty, graffiti and rubbish everywhere, a lot of beggars.
It wasn't warm (I know, what was I expecting in November?) but I might as well have gone to Deptford or Brentford. :(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:34 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Went to Madrid last November.
Not very nice in the 'main bit'; dirty, graffiti and rubbish everywhere, a lot of beggars.
It wasn't warm (I know, what was I expecting in November?) but I might as well have gone to Deptford or Brentford. :(

Are you sure you aren't describing Barcelona? :lol:

I spent four days in Madrid last week and it was relatively clean and tidy for a big city, especially the Metro system (although there were plenty of beggars).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:55 am 

The Real Madrid tour is the best I have been on.