THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: It is what it is
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:41 pm 

Ya know, I don't really care anymore.

This has been a dreadful season and so many mistakes have been made by the club in so many areas and by some of the players. Some of whom are either not good enough for League 1 or if they are, show dreadful decision making in the context of what they are asked to do.

It is what it is (dudes)

For all my 'jokes' about being easier to park the car/less noise when in league 2' of course I recognise the massive loss of revenue that will come with the relegation. Not only that, but the MK 'cachet' that attracted the likes of Troy P last year are severely diminished.

This effectively confirms what I think many of us have known for some time, and the topic has spluttered into life on here from time to time, that THIS IS THE FUTURE OF MK DONS....up and down between League 1 and League 2 unless PW sells up to a bigger investor. I'm NOT saying 'FFS DO IT/GO PW' (although some might) I'm just stating a view. I can't see things changing EVER under the current ownership.

Now much as I really do 'love' the club, football doesn't define my existence. We go down? Well that's not great but it won't ruin my life (the government is doing that) and ....sure I'll have to 'defend' my position with one or two mates who will 'rib' me about going down but I won't be cancelling my season ticket. I'll be back (despite that pr*ck behind me who keeps making ludicrous comments and booing).

In life, you try and change the things you can to 'get what you want'. If you can't change things as they are outside your control then there's no point in 'stressing'.

I really don't care.

I'll be VERY happy indeed in a couple of weeks to be 'called out' over this post if we stay up.
WTF enjoy this.I'm off for a drink. Hardly had a drop so far. :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnNAht__G9o

Post subject: Re: It is what it is
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:46 pm 

Aliramone wrote:

This has been a dreadful season and so many mistakes have been made by the club in so many areas and by some of the players. Some of whom are either not good enough for League 1 or if they are, show dreadful decision making in the context of what they are asked to do.

It is what it is (dudes)

For all my 'jokes' about being easier to park the car/less noise when in league 2' of course I recognise the massive loss of revenue that will come with the relegation. Not only that, but the MK 'cachet' that attracted the likes of Troy P last year are severely diminished.

This effectively confirms what I think many of us have known for some time, and the topic has spluttered into life on here from time to time, that THIS IS THE FUTURE OF MK DONS....up and down between League 1 and League 2 unless PW sells up to a bigger investor. I'm NOT saying 'FFS DO IT/GO PW' (although some might) I'm just stating a view. I can't see things changing EVER under the current ownership.

Now much as I really do 'love' the club, football doesn't define my existence. We go down? Well that's not great but it won't ruin my life (the government is doing that) and ....sure I'll have to 'defend' my position with one or two mates who will 'rib' me about going down but I won't be cancelling my season ticket. I'll be back (despite that pr*ck behind me who keeps making ludicrous comments and booing).

In life, you try and change the things you can to 'get what you want'. If you can't change things as they are outside your control then there's no point in 'stressing'.

I really don't care.

I'll be VERY happy indeed in a couple of weeks to be 'called out' over this post if we stay up.
WTF enjoy this.I'm off for a drink. Hardly had a drop so far. :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:

That’s what my therapist says.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:53 pm 

Yep. It would be better if we stay up but the world won’t end if we don’t.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:54 pm 

We have been playing Russian Roulette in our recruitment for the last few years and it's come home to bite us I don" know if the model doesn't work or if Muse can rescue it for Pete. I will be supporting the team in the next few games and if we go down I'll be back. Just annoyed that it's got to this situation on and off the pitch.

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:54 pm 

WellDon wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

It is what it is (dudes)

I really don't care.

That’s what my therapist says.

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.”

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:25 pm 

At least if we go down we might start winning games again…

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:36 pm 

Ormeau wrote:

Only if we change things very drastically (for the better). Look at Rochdale, Crewe, AFC, Gillingham, etc who have all gone down and are not doing well in L2

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:36 pm 

Ormeau wrote:

That very much depends on what sort of squad we assemble, let’s face it, the few better players we have will probably move on, leaving us with, well, not much to be honest

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:57 pm 

When Ali starts writing sensible shit you know somethings up..

I agree with a lot of it. You can only talk on a forum about what you see/feel.. I was devastated when we went down last time. Lowest I've felt as a Dons fan. We got absolutely shat on by everyone, deservedly. A good bloke came in and calmed shit down, in Tisdale, and by the time the players were in training for pre season I was over it and ready to go.

Same will be applied again. Once the first ball is kicked it's still football, and your clubs here. Just another chapter.

...however League Two was absolutely atrocious last time.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:19 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
When Ali starts writing sensible shit you know somethings up..

I agree with a lot of it. You can only talk on a forum about what you see/feel.. I was devastated when we went down last time. Lowest I've felt as a Dons fan. We got absolutely shat on by everyone, deservedly. A good bloke came in and calmed shit down, in Tisdale, and by the time the players were in training for pre season I was over it and ready to go.

Same will be applied again. Once the first ball is kicked it's still football, and your clubs here. Just another chapter.

...however League Two was absolutely atrocious last time.

Welcome to Hastings :D