THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: The final countdown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:00 am 

We really have turned into the home straight and I think it is down to 2 from 5 surviving.

For Dons with 3 to play we could get anywhere from 43 to 52 points and currently have the second best goal difference - 1 win is probably going to leave it to goal difference with a win and a draw probably enough.

For Oxford they have 4 to play including what should be winnable games, they could finish anywhere from 41 to 53 points, the issue is with so long without a win can they get 3 points against FGR and Accrington in their last 2 games to get them over the line?

Cambridge can get between 40 and 52 points and with goal difference against them will be looking for 3 wins unless they get favours from the teams above, can they beat 3 of Plymouth, Accrington, Burton and FGR?

Morecombe can get between 38 and 47 points and with goal difference against them only 3 wins will do against Charlton. Lincoln and Exeter

Accrington can get between 38 and 50 points and in 23rd it is easy to write them off but if they can stay in it after Portsmouth and Bolton they finish with Cambridge and Oxford and could have a massive say in who goes down.

Always impossible to predict and I am more concerned than I have been the last couple of weeks but I think we should do enough and even with the fixtures we have I wouldn't swap places with anyone else's position.

Post subject: Re: The final countdown
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:29 am 

I love League 2.
Never forget it's quieter at games instead of all that silly shouting and it's much easier to park the car. 8-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:37 am 

I feel this deserves it's own song

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:45 am 

“Always impossible to predict and I am more concerned than I have been the last couple of weeks but I think we should do enough and even with the fixtures we have I wouldn't swap places with anyone else's position.”

Couldn’t agree more but I wouldn’t mind having AS and FGR still to play as we know those are winnable games I have a horrible feeling that could be 6 points to Oxford and Cambridge obviously I hope not but fear the worst as most fans do.

I think Fleetwood offers us the best chance of more points but not a team I look forward to playing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:53 am 

I'd be less worried if we didn't have Barnsley. Our goal difference is worth an extra point but that could literally change overnight. We lose 4-0 to Barnsley and Cambridge beat Accrington 2-0, then our goal difference will be the same. Although this is worst case, as Cambridge have Plymouth away on Saturday.

Hoping we can pick something up against Fleetwood and Cambridge lose by a lot against Plymouth to ease my concerns.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:39 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
We really have turned into the home straight and I think it is down to 2 from 5 surviving.

For Dons with 3 to play we could get anywhere from 43 to 52 points and currently have the second best goal difference - 1 win is probably going to leave it to goal difference with a win and a draw probably enough.

For Oxford they have 4 to play including what should be winnable games, they could finish anywhere from 41 to 53 points, the issue is with so long without a win can they get 3 points against FGR and Accrington in their last 2 games to get them over the line?

Cambridge can get between 40 and 52 points and with goal difference against them will be looking for 3 wins unless they get favours from the teams above, can they beat 3 of Plymouth, Accrington, Burton and FGR?

Morecombe can get between 38 and 47 points and with goal difference against them only 3 wins will do against Charlton. Lincoln and Exeter

Accrington can get between 38 and 50 points and in 23rd it is easy to write them off but if they can stay in it after Portsmouth and Bolton they finish with Cambridge and Oxford and could have a massive say in who goes down.

Always impossible to predict and I am more concerned than I have been the last couple of weeks but I think we should do enough and even with the fixtures we have I wouldn't swap places with anyone else's position.

Careful now, don't try and post a load of stats on here! A certain person, affronted at your invasion on his turf, will be along to spin them in whatever way looks worst for KR, even though it's been six and a half years since he left. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:36 am 

Still wouldn’t discount Port Vale from the mix. If we win and they lose on Saturday, we will be above them on goal difference. Then their final two are at home to Charlton and away to Plymouth.

Not saying it will happen, but with their sacking of their manager it is possible they will finish the season with 46 points.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:21 am 

Aliramone wrote:
I love League 2.
Never forget it's quieter at games instead of all that silly shouting and it's much easier to park the car. 8-)

Imagine Barrow on a Tuesday night as well, 14 away fans or something. Love it.

In 07-08 Accy brought something like 25 on a midweek game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:56 am 

paul4040 wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
I love League 2.

In 07-08 Accy brought something like 25 on a midweek game.

I remember that game. I ran out of fingers on my hands but I would say it was 20 :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:02 am 

And one of the clubs is boycotting us, so they won’t bring any….