THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Stewart
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:24 am 

Don't think the Defence is the problem,putting the ball in the net is, our best attacker last night was Jules,Corners, set plays, and people moving for throw ons needs looking at....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:08 am 

Mk Ron wrote:
Don't think the Defence is the problem,putting the ball in the net is, our best attacker last night was Jules,Corners, set plays, and people moving for throw ons needs looking at....

Basically agree with this. Our defence kept Rak-Sakyi and Leaburn under control last night. I think they're broadly fine, Stewart included. But in switching to a back-three to solidify the defence, we struggle to get a hold of the midfield and build sustained attacks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:24 am 

Mk Ron wrote:
Players that offer something? Burns Dean nowhere.. GRIGG what the hell is is the point...

Agree. I used to like/rate him. Now? No.
The 'wise head' argument doesn't 'cut it' for me - esp after Saturday. Again last night. If you want a 'wise head' (Captain Mainwaring) bring on Big Brad.
On topic :o I thought Stewart was mediocre at best yesterday. Like the aforementioned Grigg his best days are (well) behind him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:34 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Mk Ron wrote:
Players that offer something? Burns Dean nowhere.. GRIGG what the hell is is the point...

The 'wise head' argument doesn't 'cut it' for me - esp after Saturday. Again last night. If you want a 'wise head' (Captain Mainwaring) bring on Big Brad.
On topic :o I thought Stewart was mediocre at best yesterday. Like the aforementioned Grigg his best days are (well) behind him.

Would agree with all of this. Although I thought Grant was the most disappointing last night.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:51 am 

RedOnRed wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
Mk Ron wrote:

Would agree with all of this. Although I thought Grant was the most disappointing last night.

They were all appalling bar Jules and that says a lot about how far we have fallen (even Lewie had his moments last night). Considering the opposition and what is at stake it is like we have gone back in time to last autumn. Hpwever, I dont understand the hate for Stewart. From the little I have seen of him (like all of us) I don't think he is as awful as people make out. He has played what half a dozen games this calendar year and has come from a team with fans that hate him. He covered well when Tucker let his man go (not a dig at Tucker the Charlton player was rapid) and looked assured when heading away crosses. Anyway O'Hora should feature Saturday so we shall see who gets left out if O'Hora starts.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:08 pm 

Defensively he looks OK, but his passing is aweful. He always looks to Tucker, Lewie or Watson to pass to. If he attempts to pass to midfield he gives the ball away and if he goes long ball the ball goes nowhere near the player.He does not seem suited to a team playing out from the back.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:54 pm 

I don’t hate Stewart, I just question his ability, surely it is no coincidence he was getting dogs abuse from Aberdeen fans last season.
Last night he was average at best, although I concede he is pretty good at pointing at people.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:54 pm 

I thought it was a joke when Jules got MOTM last night. Yes a ran up the pitch a few times when no one else could be bothered. But his defending was terrible IMO. Didn't block a cross and was walking for a lot of it instead of running back. Seems he only runs forward.
I feel for him playing out of position but he wasn't good last night.
For Stewart, I think he has done OK defensively but he can't pass the ball. How many times did he lose it last night? In dangerous areas too. At Wycombe he could just lump it long but that doesn't work when our forwards are 1ft shorter and 4st lighter than the defenders marking them

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:05 pm 

AB4 wrote:
I thought it was a joke when Jules got MOTM last night. Yes a ran up the pitch a few times when no one else could be bothered. But his defending was terrible IMO. Didn't block a cross and was walking for a lot of it instead of running back. Seems he only runs forward.

I am astounded by this. Thought he was MOTM by an absolute country mile... barely put a foot wrong from my view point at the top of the East Stand.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:18 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
AB4 wrote:

I am astounded by this. Thought he was MOTM by an absolute country mile... barely put a foot wrong from my view point at the top of the East Stand.

A few of us laughed out loud in the family area when they called it out.
Obviously different opinions of the same game. I thought he was good going forward and poor at the back. I also think he should have stepped out on Saturday when Grigg couldn't catch the guy that put the cross in to make it 2-2