THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:34 pm 

Was half watching very hungover in bed. Terrible start to the day.

We go again Saturday

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:48 am 

What was worrying for me is that fitness still seems an issue. I wonder if the players are getting the right nutrition or if the clay soil in the training ground is coming back to haunt us.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:00 am 

Thought McEachran was way off it last night, which is unusual for him. I think he may struggle when the pressure is on, like against Wycombe in the play offs.

He can go games where he doesn't give the ball away at all but last night, he was making multiple bad passes. At one point, he picked it up in the middle of the park, with no one even close to him where he could have turned and gone forward, but attempted a pass back to Stewart which was way too short. A player that is usually so aware of his surroundings really struggled at times last night.

Robson and Devoy looked exactly like players who have had barely any minutes over the last month or so.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:27 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Thought McEachran was way off it last night, which is unusual for him. I think he may struggle when the pressure is on, like against Wycombe in the play offs.

He can go games where he doesn't give the ball away at all but last night, he was making multiple bad passes. At one point, he picked it up in the middle of the park, with no one even close to him where he could have turned and gone forward, but attempted a pass back to Stewart which was way too short. A player that is usually so aware of his surroundings really struggled at times last night.

Robson and Devoy looked exactly like players who have had barely any minutes over the last month or so.

I agree thst McEachran didn't have a good one, but I expect him to bounce back Saturday.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:37 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:

I agree thst McEachran didn't have a good one, but I expect him to bounce back Saturday.

He was shit yes, but that is indicative of him as a player. Flatters to deceive. For every one half decent game you get one or two that are absolutely awful and yesterday was one of them. Poor distribution. Especially corners. Hardly ever gets it past the first man and that free kick was appalling. His passing generally isn't that amazing either. For a man who is one of the most senior players in our squad both in age and appearances he should be doing a lot better. Thing is I will concede is that there is nobody really better in our team so I guess he is a shoe in, but I really do not see what the big deal is about him as I didn't think much of him last season but he had Coventry to always hide his inabilities.

There was a reason yesterday the game went to shit after the goal there was no midfield. Maghoma tried bless him, but McEachran who is meant to be the driving force, the engine room if you will did nothing and without an engine the vehicle will not move as a senior player he should lead by example and if that is the example then we are fucked.