THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Eisa
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:19 pm 

AMKD wrote:
It reminds me of the time people were on McLeods back because he played like a striker and not like a box to box midfielder.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one thinking this, and in the first couple of years with us Izale was seriously quick.
Time to look up the YouTube Izale showreel again ! Look at the last goal...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Yrl-QAok ... UgbWNsZW9k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:31 am 

The Izale comparison is an interesting one, I do feel like there are some similarities between the two.

For a few years we had a number of work horse strikers who were not consistently good enough in front of goal from McDonald to Ibehre to Morris. All very different players in style but 'put in a shift'. Many of our fans have clamoured for proven goal scorers, but when they come they still get criticised, those being Eisa and Agard.

I really like Eisa. I know he doesn't contribute across the field that much, but just look when we put Parrott up top last season - he'd drop so deep and press so hard we had nobody in the box half the time. We look so much better with Eisa on the pitch, both last season and this season.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 7:32 am 

Eisa is still the best striker we have and I feel we need to get behind him and not on his back. Most fans are still doing this.
If you take the last game as an example, he scored 1 very good goal, a cracking penalty and missed a chance he should have scored. No one else in the team is capable of the same. For Cheltenham's 2nd, Eisa would t have chanced their player back to the LB position but Jules would have come over and possibly stopped the cross. Maybe we'd have won the game if Eisa stayed on.

Fans are also getting on Leko's back at times. I heard it first hand at Wycombe after he made out first and before he scored the second.

Maybe us fans just don't really have a clue