THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Eisa
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:07 pm 

Casual Bystander wrote:
A good summary of him. I’m a littler blunter and will say he’s got a very poor footballing brain, took the first well and it was a very good penalty, but when he had to think he invariably cocked it up.

To be blunt your comment makes no sense, the penalty is when he had the most time to think and he dispatched it confidently.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:23 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
Casual Bystander wrote:
A good summary of him. I’m a littler blunter and will say he’s got a very poor footballing brain, took the first well and it was a very good penalty, but when he had to think he invariably cocked it up.

To be blunt your comment makes no sense, the penalty is when he had the most time to think and he dispatched it confidently.

Pick a spot, kick it. Some thought involved but not much, certainly nothing compared to the situation awareness needed in open play.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:25 pm 

Very similar good pen to the Cheltenham one. Our keeper was making amends for his cockup.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:00 pm 

Eisa is similar to Agard. Scores goals, but off the ball he doesn't offer anything. I think he is slow, lightweight and not good in the air. BUT he can finish, so you need players around him that will give him the chances. I am not a huge fan, but you can't deny he is a good finisher.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:56 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Rookie wrote:
I really don't understand people giving him stick, there were a handful of people shouting he was useless (before he scored) so much so that he even reacted to one.

I don't give him stick, but I can see why he gets it. He scored 2 goals today, but still wasn't MoTM and there is a reason for that.

His all round game just isn't anywhere near good enough at the moment. He took his first goal really well but we've just not seen anywhere near enough of this this season.

He spurned multiple chances today, mainly down to him just not reading the game very well. Thought he was caught on his heels way too many times.

I don't think he is deserving of most of the abuse he gets (someone that sits behind me is on his case all game) but I want to see him back to being the goal threat he was last season.

This!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:07 pm 

chrisdon wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Rookie wrote:
I really don't understand people giving him stick, there were a handful of people shouting he was useless (before he scored) so much so that he even reacted to one.

I don't give him stick, but I can see why he gets it. He scored 2 goals today, but still wasn't MoTM and there is a reason for that.

His all round game just isn't anywhere near good enough at the moment. He took his first goal really well but we've just not seen anywhere near enough of this this season.

He spurned multiple chances today, mainly down to him just not reading the game very well. Thought he was caught on his heels way too many times.

I don't think he is deserving of most of the abuse he gets (someone that sits behind me is on his case all game) but I want to see him back to being the goal threat he was last season.

This!

He has scored as many goals this season as the last one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:09 pm 

Regardless of how good he's playing etc, I just don't get the logic of fully grown men shouting abuse at him....as if that's going to help the situation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:24 pm 

Rookie wrote:
Regardless of how good he's playing etc, I just don't get the logic of fully grown men shouting abuse at him....as if that's going to help the situation

Yup. And if he goes at the end of the season no doubt his replacement will be found lacking by some. He is what he is. We know it, Wacko knows it.....
IMHO he's scored some crucial goals I MEAN CRUCIAL GOALS recently so I'm right behind him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:10 pm 

I don't understand the criticism of Eisa at all. He's a finisher. Thats all he is, what he does.
And he is really good at it. We would probably be relegated by now without his goals.

It reminds me of the time people were on McLeods back because he played like a striker and not like a box to box midfielder.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:44 pm 

When we play to his strengths, he scores, put him through one on one and most of the times he’ll finish, tee him up in front of goal he puts it away.

What it’s no good doing is lumping high balls towards him, absolutely pointless unless the CB is 5ft 4”

He’s not the quickest, but I don’t think he ever has been, but for a league 1 striker he fits the bill, I don’t understand why sections of our fans think he’s crap