THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Eisa
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:14 pm 

I really don't understand people giving him stick, there were a handful of people shouting he was useless (before he scored) so much so that he even reacted to one.

Post subject: Re: Eisa
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:48 pm 

I don't get it either some people behind me are continually on his back saying he's useless etc, the bloke has only been playing since November we would already be down if not for his goals this season, now Grigg that's a different matter I just don't see what he brings to the squad and again today would like to see a burns or devoy come on with some young legs to see out that game....

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:50 pm 

Rookie wrote:
I really don't understand people giving him stick, there were a handful of people shouting he was useless (before he scored) so much so that he even reacted to one.

I don't give him stick, but I can see why he gets it. He scored 2 goals today, but still wasn't MoTM and there is a reason for that.

His all round game just isn't anywhere near good enough at the moment. He took his first goal really well but we've just not seen anywhere near enough of this this season.

He spurned multiple chances today, mainly down to him just not reading the game very well. Thought he was caught on his heels way too many times.

I don't think he is deserving of most of the abuse he gets (someone that sits behind me is on his case all game) but I want to see him back to being the goal threat he was last season.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:57 pm 

He's no Erling Haaland. But for a team lying 63rd in the pyramid, he's as good as we're going to get.

As for Grigg; obvs he's not the player he was, but his football brain is invaluable when closing out a game. He did some excellent stuff today - but non-glamorous, thankless stuff, not sexy but vital. If it wasn't for a woeful ball from Leko, he'd have helped us win that today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:53 am 

keyser soze wrote:
He's no Erling Haaland. But for a team lying 63rd in the pyramid, he's as good as we're going to get.

I do wonder what people expect of Eisa. He's knocking in the goals and putting in a decent goal average this calendar year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:42 am 

keyser soze wrote:

As for Grigg; obvs he's not the player he was, but his football brain is invaluable when closing out a game. He did some excellent stuff today - but non-glamorous, thankless stuff, not sexy but vital. If it wasn't for a woeful ball from Leko, he'd have helped us win that today.

I guess that's the rub. Should we be 63rd in the pyramid and should people expect it? I don't give him stick, but I can see his obvious failings and why it acts as a lightning rod for people's frustrations. Saying that I'm happy while he's scoring goals and now agree Grigg, unfortunately, isn't going to get many more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:42 am 

I remember Izale McLeod being regularly slagged off for his contribution. Still the record MK Dons goalscorer and still some people didn't rate him !

Eisa isn't as good in my view, but why slag him off? Nuts.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:52 am 

21 goals in 62 games. So roughly 1 every three games in the league. Not too bad for a man who has effectively been injured for half his time with us. I am usually his biggest fan but the only thing that annoys me is i wish he would look at the lines a bit more as he is offside at least twice a game. However, without him no three points against Cambridge. No point against pompy and no point yesterday. So that's five points he has helped us get in the past month or so. Maybe look at other contributions (or lack thereof) before people start casting him out.

I am hoping he gets one more to get him into double figures as for a man who is in a relegation threatened team who has only been playing since November is not too shabby. Imagine if we have him fit for a whole season I have no doubt he would get 15-20 goals easily.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:26 am 

Until the balls-up at the end I was thinking "3 points. Eisa's pen on that Saturday probably was what kept us up".
I suppose it still might be true. :?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:17 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Rookie wrote:

I don't give him stick, but I can see why he gets it. He scored 2 goals today, but still wasn't MoTM and there is a reason for that.

His all round game just isn't anywhere near good enough at the moment. He took his first goal really well but we've just not seen anywhere near enough of this this season.

He spurned multiple chances today, mainly down to him just not reading the game very well. Thought he was caught on his heels way too many times.

I don't think he is deserving of most of the abuse he gets (someone that sits behind me is on his case all game) but I want to see him back to being the goal threat he was last season.

A good summary of him. I’m a littler blunter and will say he’s got a very poor footballing brain, took the first well and it was a very good penalty, but when he had to think he invariably cocked it up.