THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 6:51 pm 

That was a real kick in the nuts, painful, very painful, but we could have lost this if it wasn’t for a fantastic save by Cumming from their penalty, and yes I’m aware of his cock up for the first.

Puts more pressure on the team to get a win Tuesday night against Charlton, who were ripped to shreds by Ipswich and had Ryan Inniss shown a straight red card.

Watson had a brilliant game and deserved MoM, Stewart needs to learn how to pass a ball, his distribution is woeful.

We have to just keep grinding on, dig out results everywhere, home and away, we’ve shown we can do it in the last seven games, we need the same in the last four

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:11 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
Really worried about us now. Everyone else picking up wins and we have some decent sides to come. Charlton at home is now a must win plus maybe Burton away

Last 6 games Cambridge and us have 10 points, Morecambe 5, Oxford 4, Accy and FGR 3 points - facts don't back up your concerns

Your facts are based on previous results not future ones. With your logic, we were already down before we played FGR, Cambridge and Accy because our form in the preceding 6 games was awful.

Don't be ridiculous you were worried a out others picking up points whilst ignoring we are picking up as many or more than those around us. Also by my logic as you put it we would be safe as we have picked up more points than these teams all season.

I'm concerned that we have tough fixtures coming up and are less likely to pick up wins. Of their last 5, Cambridge play Accy, Burton and FGR. Oxford has Cheltenham, FGR and Accy. Draws in a couple of our remaining games may not be good enough for us.

Our recent wins have come against teams below us but we have no more of them to play. So your logic doesn't seem to take in to account the quality of the teams teams play against.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:39 pm 

Scribble wrote:
That was a real kick in the nuts, painful, very painful, but we could have lost this if it wasn’t for a fantastic save by Cumming from their penalty, and yes I’m aware of his cock up for the first.

Puts more pressure on the team to get a win Tuesday night against Charlton, who were ripped to shreds by Ipswich and had Ryan Inniss shown a straight red card.

Watson had a brilliant game and deserved MoM, Stewart needs to learn how to pass a ball, his distribution is woeful.

We have to just keep grinding on, dig out results everywhere, home and away, we’ve shown we can do it in the last seven games, we need the same in the last four

Yeah, pretty much this.

Seven weeks ago we were doomed. Nailed on relegation. We now have gone 7 games without defeat. We're not world beaters and we play shit sometimes, get nervous sometimes but no one can dispute the fact that there has been some improvement and we now have a decent chance. It's in OUR hands, we're not looking for results elsewhere.

Tucker is the poster boy for the recent uptick. He really is a different man from a few weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 7:48 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Yeah, pretty much this.

Seven weeks ago we were doomed. Nailed on relegation. We now have gone 7 games without defeat. We're not world beaters and we play shit sometimes, get nervous sometimes but no one can dispute the fact that there has been some improvement and we now have a decent chance. It's in OUR hands, we're not looking for results elsewhere.

Tucker is the poster boy for the recent uptick. He really is a different man from a few weeks ago.

I don't think we can underestimate how important that is psychologically to them.
Yeah it wasn't great to concede so late BUT WE DIDN'T LOSE.... and that's surely what Wacko will have emphasised (in fact his interview says as much).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:20 pm 

AB4 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
Really worried about us now. Everyone else picking up wins and we have some decent sides to come. Charlton at home is now a must win plus maybe Burton away

Last 6 games Cambridge and us have 10 points, Morecambe 5, Oxford 4, Accy and FGR 3 points - facts don't back up your concerns

Your facts are based on previous results not future ones. With your logic, we were already down before we played FGR, Cambridge and Accy because our form in the preceding 6 games was awful.

Don't be ridiculous you were worried a out others picking up points whilst ignoring we are picking up as many or more than those around us. Also by my logic as you put it we would be safe as we have picked up more points than these teams all season.

I'm concerned that we have tough fixtures coming up and are less likely to pick up wins. Of their last 5, Cambridge play Accy, Burton and FGR. Oxford has Cheltenham, FGR and Accy. Draws in a couple of our remaining games may not be good enough for us.

Our recent wins have come against teams below us but we have no more of them to play. So your logic doesn't seem to take in to account the quality of the teams teams play against.

Fear not Oxford last won 3 months ago and in that time have failed to beat us, Port Vale, Morecombe, Burton and Cambridge - I can't see them finishing above us

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:48 pm 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:

Fear not Oxford last won 3 months ago and in that time have failed to beat us, Port Vale, Morecombe, Burton and Cambridge - I can't see them finishing above us

Yes, hopefully agent Manning helps us out and keeps the winless steak going for Oxford. Still need one of the others to do worse than us too. As you say, at least we are picking up points. Really hoping Charlton and Fleetwood are on the beach already and we can pick up a couple of wins

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:36 pm 

AB4 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:
MKAylesburyDon wrote:
AB4 wrote:

Yes, hopefully agent Manning helps us out and keeps the winless steak going for Oxford. Still need one of the others to do worse than us too. As you say, at least we are picking up points. Really hoping Charlton and Fleetwood are on the beach already and we can pick up a couple of wins

Fleetwood didn’t look on the beach today.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:26 pm 

Watching the goal back, it's really lazy from Jules. He can see that Grigg isn't going to catch their player running down the line and should have come across to support. Their player should never have been allowed to run from his own half to the byline.

Jules is LWB back too, so that was his position to cover. So frustrating.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:14 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Yeah, pretty much this.

Yet tucker was the man who gave away the pen that cumming pulled out an amazing save for. Without Cummings intervention one point may have been zero and I bet tunes would have been a lot different regarding tucker. I know he has improved but that is not very hard to do when the bar was so low to begin with.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:36 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Scribble wrote:

Yeah, pretty much this.

Yet tucker was the man who gave away the pen that cumming pulled out an amazing save for. Without Cummings intervention one point may have been zero and I bet tunes would have been a lot different regarding tucker. I know he has improved but that is not very hard to do when the bar was so low to begin with.

Agreed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next