THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 3:43 pm 

Tucker is a very good young footballer. It was his drive forward from defence that helped set up our first goal.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 4:46 pm 

Tucker is probably in the top 5 best defenders in the league on current form.

Gone from being one of the poorest to one of the best in a couple of months.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:21 pm 

(OK sounds 'cheesy/naff' but) Let's give him loads of support for the remaining games.
I still cringe when recalling the booing when his name went out over the PA at the start of a game not so long ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am 

dons50 wrote:
Tucker is a very good young footballer. It was his drive forward from defence that helped set up our first goal.

The big thing for me yesterday was his body language. From the shape of his body when he passes the ball to how he positions himself to receive the ball to the way he attacks headers. It is genuinely baffling that this is the same player we saw in the early months of the season.

Over the past few months lots of fans have been happy to bash Sweeting and Winkelman for their summer recruitment, myself included, but we have to ask serious questions about Manning's impact on the squad too. Tucker has improved incredibly since his departure whilst Harvie and McEachran have rediscovered more of last season's form. Grant, Holland and Lawrence have also displayed individual improvements too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:47 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
dons50 wrote:

The big thing for me yesterday was his body language. From the shape of his body when he passes the ball to how he positions himself to receive the ball to the way he attacks headers. It is genuinely baffling that this is the same player we saw in the early months of the season.

Over the past few months lots of fans have been happy to bash Sweeting and Winkelman for their summer recruitment, myself included, but we have to ask serious questions about Manning's impact on the squad too. Tucker has improved incredibly since his departure whilst Harvie and McEachran have rediscovered more of last season's form. Grant, Holland and Lawrence have also displayed individual improvements too.

But Manning was unjustifiably sacked and he should have stayed until we were relegated with Forest Green. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:49 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Tucker is probably in the top 5 best defenders in the league on current form.

Gone from being one of the poorest to one of the best in a couple of months.

By being next to one of the best defenders league one has ever seen rather than one of the the poorest. I am dreading the day Lewington hangs up his boots

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 8:49 am 

Manning is a fraud

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:02 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Watching the goal back, it's really lazy from Jules. He can see that Grigg isn't going to catch their player running down the line and should have come across to support. Their player should never have been allowed to run from his own half to the byline.

Jules is LWB back too, so that was his position to cover. So frustrating.

I don't disagree, however Jules looked absolutely exhausted just a few minutes before that.... unfortunately I think he was just running on empty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:36 pm 

WTF was May thinking when he picked up that plastic bench and waved it around after he scored? I get that he was elated to score (and he got booked for taking his shirt off) but that was stupidity!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:23 pm 

voxish wrote:
WTF was May thinking when he picked up that plastic bench and waved it around after he scored? I get that he was elated to score (and he got booked for taking his shirt off) but that was stupidity!

Someone could've got seriously seriously hurt.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next