THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live! Derby (Away)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:57 am 

Oldfarmdons wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
The Great Escape. It's on people...

^TGGI

Run to the sheds and fire up the boiler, the Keyser Express is ready to roll!

:D

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:07 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Phew!
Lucky to get away with one there but we worked hard and did our best and our best was enough and that's all we can ask for...

I must say, I thought that the handball pen was a pen but I'll have to se it again... either way, nice to see us shithousing a point for once.

Their fans were hilarious. Like, seriously the funniest and most fun bunch I've ever encountered. If they weren't 15 year old trying to be 40, they were 40 year old trying to to be 15 year old... my highlights were taking the piss out of them and laughing along with their shit chants and pointing... which seemed to annoy them more. I offered one, by hand signal, a drink after the game, which he of course mistook for a blowie. Bet he was disappointed. He wasn't my type. I don't go for knock off Stone Island in a guy myself 8-)

Honestly a load of fun, though.

Our club could learn so so much from that ground in how to run our ground... for a new build it felt like a football ground... every time I see these types it makes me more and more embarrassed about ours tbh... and even more flabbergasted at those that defend it.

It was unusual to have the main home end next to the away fans.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 11:12 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Phew!
Lucky to get away with one there but we worked hard and did our best and our best was enough and that's all we can ask for...

I must say, I thought that the handball pen was a pen but I'll have to se it again... either way, nice to see us shithousing a point for once.

Their fans were hilarious. Like, seriously the funniest and most fun bunch I've ever encountered. If they weren't 15 year old trying to be 40, they were 40 year old trying to to be 15 year old... my highlights were taking the piss out of them and laughing along with their shit chants and pointing... which seemed to annoy them more. I offered one, by hand signal, a drink after the game, which he of course mistook for a blowie. Bet he was disappointed. He wasn't my type. I don't go for knock off Stone Island in a guy myself 8-)

Our club could learn so so much from that ground in how to run our ground... for a new build it felt like a football ground... every time I see these types it makes me more and more embarrassed about ours tbh... and even more flabbergasted at those that defend it.

iirc that's how it was when we beat them there in the Chamionship. The atmosphere then was fantastic, made even better by that winning goal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:32 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Phew!

iirc that's how it was when we beat them there in the Chamionship. The atmosphere then was fantastic, made even better by that winning goal.

Not the usual arrangement of home fans one end and away fans the other. Adds to the banter. However maybe that's why they needed so many stewards.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:59 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Phew!

1. Pride Park was open in 1997 well before MK Dons were a twinkle in Winky's eye. I think you can safely say it is not a new ground, modern yes, but new I don't think so.

2. I don't get what you mean by this point of being embarrassed by our ground. Do you mean the amount of people in it? Do you mean the comfort? The fact that they had one steward per 10 people? If you could please elaborate as I am a little confused. However, I can tell you for nothing for 26k attendance only the stand by us were making any kind of noise is fucking appalling IMO. I think it is no different to our ground having one set of fans that actually can be arsed to make noise. The more I go to these "bigger clubs" grounds the more I feel that we are no different to them in terms of who actually makes noise. I know they were probably frustrated, but I really thought the atmosphere was crap to be honest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:14 pm 

Russybcool wrote:

1. Pride Park was open in 1997 well before MK Dons were a twinkle in Winky's eye. I think you can safely say it is not a new ground, modern yes, but new I don't think so.

Pride Park is a new ground in as much as it's a first generation post-Taylor Report new build all-seater. The Riverside is similar.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:16 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Phew!

2. I don't get what you mean by this point of being embarrassed by our ground. Do you mean the amount of people in it? Do you mean the comfort? The fact that they had one steward per 10 people? If you could please elaborate as I am a little confused. However, I can tell you for nothing for 26k attendance only the stand by us were making any kind of noise is fucking appalling IMO. I think it is no different to our ground having one set of fans that actually can be arsed to make noise. The more I go to these "bigger clubs" grounds the more I feel that we are no different to them in terms of who actually makes noise. I know they were probably frustrated, but I really thought the atmosphere was crap to be honest.

I was watching on ifollow and could clearly hear US over them a lot of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:37 pm 

This made me laugh
https://twitter.com/fbawaydays/status/1 ... flNWSiSLaw

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:47 pm 

AB4 wrote:

Bless him :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:13 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
AB4 wrote:

Bless him :lol:

His anger feeds me. Nom nom.

Further: I suspect he lives with his Mum and doesn't have a lot of female interaction. i.e. He smells of hate-filled wanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next