THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:31 pm 

Big mo tap in. That will do. We deserve that. Need to keep it tight for the next 10 mins defensively. But hopefully we can go on and win this

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:34 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
AB4 wrote:
What was the red for? Back chat?

Harvie and morrell had a cuddle and fell over. Harvie landed on top of him. Morrell took offence and kicked harvie in the chest. I had to see a replay to confirm it for myself but fair play to the linesman who actually did his job. Very stupid red especially when they had the free kick

Ah, thanks. Certainly helped change the game

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 3:58 pm 

Bugger me. The stress of this game. Nearly blew it. They hit the bloody bar.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:09 pm 

Although, we should have perhaps won it we didn't play well enough. If they hadn't gone down to ten, I think they would have won comfortably. So in the end a lucky point which I'm very happy to take.

Missing Kaikai as another option up front, hopefully he's back soon.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:45 pm 

suffolkmadness wrote:
Although, we should have perhaps won it we didn't play well enough. If they hadn't gone down to ten, I think they would have won comfortably. So in the end a lucky point which I'm very happy to take.

Missing Kaikai as another option up front, hopefully he's back soon.

Same, I'm happy with a point although could have been more in the end. Shame they just sat back and defended in numbers knowing we'd struggle to break them down and have zero aerial threat.

Could have been a lot worse for us today with the sides below us picking up wins or draws.
But 5 undefeated and 2 of which were playoff chasing teams is brilliant

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:20 pm 

Credit where credit is due. Mo had a good game today, linking the play in the 1st half. A shame he didn't take a chance 1st time with his left foot. However, he took his goal well.

Pompey coaches had clearly done their homework and saw Wheeler goal at the back post was a weakness and a shame our coaches didn't. A point won even against ten men.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:33 pm 

I wasn't able to go but I'm happy with a point.
It's almost silent on their forum at the moment BTW.
Nads to 'em; I bet on 1-1! :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:52 pm 

A good result overall.
Harvie was unlucky with his snap shot that cannoned off the defenders head.
Goalie would have got nowhere near it even though he is 8ft 6.
Grigg throwing himself to the ground trying for a penalty when he could have headed it towards goal was embarrassing.
He must of been away when Lewie was giving lessons

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:57 pm 

Thought we were dreadful in the first half to be honest. We only got a point because of the red card. Portsmouth were much better than us ability wise and tactically.

Stewert is wank. Bring back the back 3 that kept 3 straight clean sheets. Never should have changed it just because of Stewert.

Maghoma who has been great for us, was terrible today. No idea why Devoy didn’t come on or even Johnson. While they were sitting in, we were being restricted to long shots, which suited Johnson.

Don’t even get me started on Harvie not going down when clearly injured. The ball had gone out of play for our goal kick, why on earth did he try and play on, which resulted in us losing the ball as he couldn’t run for it.

A point should be a positive, but due to how the game went, it’s 2 points dropped in my opinion. Always difficult against 10 men but I’m more annoyed with our first half offering.

Last edited by East Wing Don on Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:02 pm 

I would have taken a point before kick off, so fairly happy, although we probably wasted an opportunity to get three points against ten men.

We struggled to break them down and to be fair, Portsmouth defended very well without venturing forward very often, pleased for Mo to bag the equaliser and maybe he had a chance to win it.

For me McEachran was again MoM, with Tucker a close second, Maghoma though, I thought was a bit off his game today.

All in all, not a bad afternoon in the sunshine of the East Stand