THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Special mention
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:12 pm 

Connor grant, hes improved immeasurably for me, one of the first names on the teemsheet currently outside of the back 4.

Playing really well in attacking transitions and getting into some dangerous positions and providing a killer ball. Very clever, tidy player that took some time to settle in but 10 goal contributions noe for the season is not to be sniffed at from a young player with his first taste of this level with us and imo will only get better.

Was hard to see where he fits in to this team under manning but under jacko seems to have found his place very much in the old twine role, a narrow support forward is the only way i can describe it. From what i can see alot of the width comes from leko and kaikai, watson and harvie in the wing back role or at times wide midfielder and one of the support forwards. Leko tends to provide really good width as well as power through the middle along with the wingbacks and grant seems to take up those positions in and around the box and in transition centrally.

I know it wasnt jackos favoured formation but as a club we really have grown to suit any variation of a 3–4-2-1, 5-2-2-1, 5-3-3, 3-4-3, it changes throughout the game but ultimately a back 3 is our strength. Kudos to jacko for recognising that and not being too stubborn with his own ideals and instead finding a way to play to the teams strengths.

So yea special mention grant whose gone unnoticed and jacko for his team management and finding a way to win or generally just become better as a team.

Id very much like us to continue with 3 at the back and really nail recruitment and training for it in the summer to hit the ground running next season.

I respect jackos decision if hecwants to recruit for 4-3-3 in the summer if we get ourselves safe though if he truly believes he can master it here unlike manning.

Post subject: Re: Special mention
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:19 pm 

I disagree with a lot of this.

I think he found a place under Manning, and I also don't agree that it took him a while to get up and running. I actually thought he was, in the early stages of the season until it got evidently worrying, a bright spark and a surprise. Once Manning went and we barely saw him until recently, I was then swayed that maybe he wasn't that good and we could let him go.... but he's showing good form again and the manager has shown good faith which has been rewarded.

He's not the finished article and I'd still be worried if we're not improving on him as a starter... but in the squad, certainly, he's proving a useful and worthwhile asset.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:32 pm 

WHERE IS BURNS?? :? :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:06 am 

The stats for him are padded somewhat by the FA Cup and EFL cup (against Taunton Sutton and Morecambe), he is certainly showing signs of improvement and moments of potential but we are still a long way from the finished article although at only 21 that isn't surprising.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:10 pm 

Aliramone wrote:

No idea.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:46 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
Aliramone wrote:

No idea.

Exactly; he seems to have been airbrushed from the squad.
I don't recall seeing anything recently about him being injured but he never even makes the bench.
A lad with potential I thought - but it doesn't look like Wacko thinks so.
I'm not saying he'd 'make all the difference/just what the team needs' but on the few occasions I've seen him play I thought he was pretty decent.
Whatever....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:31 pm 

Who are we talking about? The guy who apparently is the future of the team and looked amazing when he played? That one?

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit