THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:56 pm 

BertieWoostersDonsClub wrote:
It's not just our fans that misbehave. It
looks like a Middlesbrough fan urinated in the QPR keeper's water bottle on Saturday. He's been arrested and the police have taken the water bottle as evidence. That's really taking the piss!

I heard that but how could he have got hold of it?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:58 pm 

“I understand that a few of our fans waited to speak to the manager and players after the game yesterday , I also understand that the players were not too happy about the questions asked, while Mr Neilson would not speak to them , well , as fans we are fully entitled to ask questions , we pay their wages , and if the players concerned do not like what's being asked, then put in 100% week in week out , and I'm pretty sure the fans will follow you to hell and back ?
It's time for the club to stand up and be accountable to their fans , not hide behind media bull?”

I objected to this on another media and feel that the poster is wrong, I wasn’t there so I don’t know what happened, but in my opinion it is wrong

Last edited by CalpeDon on Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:06 pm 

Fans pay to watch the team play football. They do not pay to accost them in the street. That is the behaviour of wankers.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 pm 

I can understand emotions can get a little out of control but to confront the players manager and staff is a step too far. By all means vent ones anger frustration on Social Media again within reason. To do otherwise disrespects those we confront.

Does anyone think the players go out to lose, doubtful in the extreme. There may be divisions within the staff which we may never know about and I think it is clear those divisions may have been there, there is nothing we as fans can do about that directly.

Hopefully those who were responsible can now calm down and let the new manager whoever it is get on with the job which is to remain in League 1. Personally I think it is a mammoth task but we have the players we will have a manager and what they need is us the fans behind them supporting them and not confronting them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:14 pm 

Random Fan wrote:
“...as fans we are fully entitled to ask questions , we pay their wages...”

The company I work for pays for professional managers to oversee, control and judge my performance. They assess how I am doing, compared to the objectives I'm paid to achieve. They take action if I under-perform.

If one of my company's shareholders phoned me up and started shouting the odds about my performance, in an abusive manner, I'd tell him to fuck off. He owns part of the company but it doesn't buy him the right to act like a prick.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:28 pm 

Apologies to anyone who remembers me putting this up a long time ago...

This is how they deal with supporter dissatisfaction at Slavia Prague. They’d just lost 5:1 at home in a Europa League game and the captain has to come to the net with the whole team and apologise.

https://youtu.be/BcmVvEfx13k

I’m not sure if it would ever work here, but even if it’s just symbolic it’s got to be better than hanging around for a face to face confrontation.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:35 pm 

Personally I think they should be tethered to one of the lamppost outside gate 6 and publicly flogged to within an inch of their life. Then left out there all week as an example to the academy lads.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:49 pm 

An actual confrontation wasn't what anyone wanted, a conversation was. Unfortunately things took a turn, with the help of EEL and a very unhappy fan that escalated. Luckily both fans and stewards were on hand quickly to diffuse anything coming to blows and we carried on waiting amicably for Robbie to come and talk to us, which we did.
It's worth noting that many of the same fans wait at most games to chat to the players, this isn't an isolated occurance. It just so happens that after that game we were all unhappy with how things were going and passions came out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:29 pm 

From what I've heard, the fan that nearly came to blows with EEL has already had "previous incidents" that the Club were aware of last season....DippyDon, is that right?

Last edited by mightydons on Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:31 pm 

mightydons wrote:
From what I've heard, the fan that nearly came to blows with EEL has already had a banning order from ourselves last season....DippyDon, is that right? If so, it may well be another one coming?

Don't tell him, Pike.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next