THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 7:15 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:10 am 

I respect the office of MK Dons manager and Sweeting enough that if he is kept on, it'll be because LS, MJ and PW have had serious talks about the direction we'll head. The quicker we get it sorted, the quicker we can stop speculating. If he's in office for the start of the season he'll have my backing until it goes pear shaped. I'm not aggressively anti Jackson - I want a change but if they decide its the best interests of the club for him to remain, then we'll have to let it unfold. And hopefully I eat my words

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:13 am 

Well I have been told they have made a decision and that Jackson has gone, so looks like you wont need to back him next season Alby

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:14 am 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Well I have been told they have made a decision and that Jackson has gone, so looks like you wont need to back him next season Alby

Is this a reliable source?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:15 am 

BetterCallSaul wrote:

Seems like a knee jerk reaction if they don't have a replacement in mind.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:15 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Is this a reliable source?

Yes, same one who gave me info about the squad next year. Announcement should be today, so we’ll see how accurate it is I guess.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:16 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Seems fair to me, only time you have some room to work it out.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:19 am 
ReturnofMoo wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Gives them around 6 weeks before players back for pre-season. Director of Football (whether that's Sweeting or someone else) sorts out the squad in the meantime and separately focus on bringing in a head coach.

Timescales don't bother me as much as they used to, especially in the off season given how well Manning did with zero preparation.

Mid-season is different, Manning should have gone earlier and a replacement lined up etc.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:21 am 

Filth wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:

Gives them around 6 weeks before players back for pre-season. Director of Football (whether that's Sweeting or someone else) sorts out the squad in the meantime and separately focus on bringing in a head coach.

Timescales don't bother me as much as they used to, especially in the off season given how well Manning did with zero preparation.

Mid-season is different, Manning should have gone earlier and a replacement lined up etc.

Agree with this, Manning sacked too late and after relegation is better to sack Jackson quickly than leave him hanging on.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:24 am 

The lack of updates from the club makes me think the next post we see will be the classic club statement type. In Welldon's meltdown thread I said whatever they do it needs to happen quickly so hopefully we have an update soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:25 am 

This is on the club. Granted Jackson could have turned us down, but never again do we take an inexperienced coach/manager and chuck them into a relegation battle. It's not fair.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next