THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:10 pm 

So after our upturn in form the comparison is this

Jackson 17 games, 6 wins, 3 draws, 8 losses, GD -10, 21 points, 1.23 PPG
Manning 20 games, 4 wins , 3 draws, 13 losses , GD -13, 15 points, 0.75 PPG

It certainly looks like Mark has made a difference especially taking into account the availability of players during his tenure, I am actually beginning to feel quite positive about our gaffer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:38 pm 

In fairness 2 of those games were against Forest Green…

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:42 pm 

DippyDon wrote:

Who beat sheffield wednesday. Got to beat who youre up agsinst, doesnt matter who it is.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:43 pm 

Eddie wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

Who beat sheffield wednesday. Got to beat who youre up agsinst, doesnt matter who it is.

Easy to be good for one game when the opposition are poor. Their league position doesn’t lie.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:07 pm 

To be fair to Jackson he seems to have the idea of a settled side bans taken into account whereas Manning never played the same team twice.
If he does the same with Oxford they are in trouble hopefully

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:33 pm 

DippyDon wrote:

We can add many factors that may or may not have had an influence on this squad.
Manning had worked with 12 of these players with success last season, he had an entire summer, first half of the season had arguably less pressure, he had our best centre backs available.

Jacko has played Forest Green twice as well as Morecambe and Cambridge at home, new manager bounce, playing with more pressure may bring out the best in players

Overall though Jacko has come in and improved our points per game and actually got a side looking like a team with something that resembles tactics and confidence. A definite improvement on the first few months of the seasons

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:48 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
DippyDon wrote:

We can add many factors that may or may not have had an influence on this squad.
Manning had worked with 12 of these players with success last season, he had an entire summer, first half of the season had arguably less pressure, he had our best centre backs available.

Jacko has played Forest Green twice as well as Morecambe and Cambridge at home, new manager bounce, playing with more pressure may bring out the best in players

Overall though Jacko has come in and improved our points per game and actually got a side looking like a team with something that resembles tactics and confidence. A definite improvement on the first few months of the seasons

This.

But remember Jackson has had the benefit of the new creative players in midfield which Manning had not. These have made goal scoring more possible. Plus McEchran has found form (either lucky for or because of Jackson).

50-50 for me, and that’s being generous to Jackson.

If Jackson can start winning points against the better teams starting today, then he might begin to have the edge.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:26 am 

The biggest on pitch change that I have seen is the ability to grind out wins without looking under too much pressure, I have been amazed how comfortable we have looked in the last 15 mins of our last three games, no panicking, no inviting pressure and no silly mistakes. Somehow the team has developed some steel and confidence that wasn't present in the first half of the season which hopefully is due to Jackson's influence and as others have suggested a more settled team.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:48 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
The biggest on pitch change that I have seen is the ability to grind out wins without looking under too much pressure, I have been amazed how comfortable we have looked in the last 15 mins of our last three games, no panicking, no inviting pressure and no silly mistakes. Somehow the team has developed some steel and confidence that wasn't present in the first half of the season which hopefully is due to Jackson's influence and as others have suggested a more settled team.

Lewington. Just sayin'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:44 am 

I personally don't care what he does this season go down or stay up it was never fully on him if you see what I mean. He was only cleaning up the mess manning and others made. I will judge him next season whatever league we are in when he has a summer window.

On a side note comparing him now rather than three games time when they have both had 20 games this season is an odd on. In three games time that PPG could be very different. Surely you compare like for like?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next