THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:26 am 

In fairness the only reason PW sacked Micciche is because he knew he wanted Tisdale. Did it early as there was little point messing around so he had enough time to get his man once Exeter finished their playoff campaign.

If they don't have someone in mind now, there's no point sticking around either as a fallback option. They either have confidence in him or they don't. If they did, I'd have expected the statement yesterday that they back him gully. They'd have thought of this for a few weeks going down, the ramifications etc.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:31 am 
East Wing Don wrote:
This is on the club. Granted Jackson could have turned us down, but never again do we take an inexperienced coach/manager and chuck them into a relegation battle. It's not fair.

Agree. When you see how Prem/Championship clubs operate, if they're in a relegation battle they always appoint someone experienced to get them out of it.

I laughed at Forest Green appointing Big Dunc to try and save them, but we did the same thing really.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:38 am 

Filth wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
This is on the club. Granted Jackson could have turned us down, but never again do we take an inexperienced coach/manager and chuck them into a relegation battle. It's not fair.

Agree. When you see how Prem/Championship clubs operate, if they're in a relegation battle they always appoint someone experienced to get them out of it.

I laughed at Forest Green appointing Big Dunc to try and save them, but we did the same thing really.

Huddersfield looked doomed in the championship a few months back. They eventually brought Warnock in and he lead them to safety. I was following it because I like to keep an eye on some of my old favourite Dons players (Kasumu and Nicholls). It gave me horrible flashbacks of Warnock saving Rotherham when we were in the championship.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 11:51 am 

I never like this really. Only manager in my time supporting Dons where I was actually happy a guy left was Neilson.
Everyone else, even when it was the right decision was always tinged with a hint of disappointment. This will be another one.

For as much as I don't get the hype and have made no secret of it, as I said earlier there's clearly a really likeable manager for a fans pov, and I said last week he's clearly a capable coach. So it'd be sad but hey, c'est la vie

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:01 pm 

Pete O'Rourke saying Jackson has been sacked.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:01 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Well I have been told they have made a decision and that Jackson has gone, so looks like you wont need to back him next season Alby

Told you.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:02 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Well I have been told they have made a decision and that Jackson has gone, so looks like you wont need to back him next season Alby

Is this a reliable source?

Yes, same one who gave me info about the squad next year. Announcement should be today, so we’ll see how accurate it is I guess.

Told you again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7