THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:46 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Zen wrote:
Fantastic point

10 points from 12 is a terrific turn around.

4 more points should do the job .

I reckon we need 6 to be safe, but yes, excellent result.

Agreed. We lose to Portsmouth on Friday and Stanley beat Port Vale, then its back to 2 points with us playing a game more.

Very far from being safe yet.

The voice of sanity.
Wacko out.
(Yes I did start early)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:06 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Zen wrote:
Fantastic point

10 points from 12 is a terrific turn around.

4 more points should do the job .

I reckon we need 6 to be safe, but yes, excellent result.

Agreed. We lose to Portsmouth on Friday and Stanley beat Port Vale, then its back to 2 points with us playing a game more.

Very far from being safe yet.

Their game in hand is Bolton away and form wise they have 2 points from their last 6 games (worst in the league) so whilst we would be further from safety we would still be far better placed than Stanley to survive.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:06 pm 

BTW.... they are not happy on their fans' website.
Lovely references to 'Franchise' for first few pages then....inexorably...... tails away into despair, misery and whinging.
Love it.
F- Love It.
Almost wish I'd gone now :lol:
TABLO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:08 pm 

Enjoyed the day out, although Wycombe could beat Trump for cheating and the Ref was as wet as a wet flannel in the middle of an ocean.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:17 pm 

Quote:
[quote="ReturnofMoo"]Enjoyed the day out, although Wycombe could beat Trump for cheating and the Ref was as wet as a wet flannel in the middle of an ocean.
[/quote]
Game was at Adams Fart.
Ergo the statement is obviously a gross distortion of the truth.
Reported.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:22 pm 

Genuinely shocked by comments on Stewart. I thought he was excellent (apart from letting Wheeler get the easiest header he will ever get), and dealt with everything arial in a very assured manner, which is something we have sorely missed all season.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:49 pm 

suffolkmadness wrote:
Genuinely shocked by comments on Stewart. I thought he was excellent (apart from letting Wheeler get the easiest header he will ever get), and dealt with everything arial in a very assured manner, which is something we have sorely missed all season.

He grew into the game in the second half for sure. But he really struggled in the opening 45. His passing was hideous (57% pass accuracy and 0% for long passes according to FotMob)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:42 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
Excellent point against the cheatboys and the officials.

Deserved three points (in the sense that the cheatboys shouldn’t have had the free kick for their second) but one point helps.

It was a free kick to be fair, but we should probably have had a penalty in the first half for a clear hand ball.

I thought it was very harsh. Their player kicked the ball at McEchran’s arm from an about a yard away. It looked to me that McEchran tried to move his arm away from not towards the ball. Credit to McEchran that he didn’t lose his cool.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:01 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
suffolkmadness wrote:

He grew into the game in the second half for sure. But he really struggled in the opening 45. His passing was hideous (57% pass accuracy and 0% for long passes according to FotMob)

Looking at the playback, Stewart is being unfairly criticised for their first goal. He is actually marking another Wycombe forward, then wheeler loses his marker (Eisa?) and comes round behind. Stewart almost makes up the ground nevertheless but simply can’t jump high enough while running back.
Perhaps a better question is what Eisa (?) was doing and why McEacran deliberately barged Cambell giving them the free kick in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:12 am 

I thought Leko conceded that free kick.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next