THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:57 pm 

WellDon wrote:
I think he is weakening……did he call us charlatans?

Aren't they some rugby team from oop north? :?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:50 pm 

WellDon wrote:
SOUTHSTANDER wrote:
Jesus, and I thought Welldon’s reports were long :lol: :lol:

Oh thanks…

TLDNR

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:53 am 

Not reading all that drivel. I'd be mad too if my club's emblem had a fucking shrimp on it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:34 am 

Locutus wrote:
Not reading all that drivel. I'd be mad too if my club's emblem had a fucking shrimp on it.

Very sensible observation!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:39 am 

Aliramone wrote:
Locutus wrote:

Thanks for that, I thought it was a louse

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:16 am 

Morecambe wages late
Exclusive

By Alan Nixon

Morecambe players and staff are anxiously waiting to see if their wages will be paid.

The League One strugglers were told by the club owners that the money is not available to pay salaries on time.

This is because the Shrimps hoped to complete a takeover that is being held up because of problems clearing the buyer with the EFL.

Morecambe were due to be paid on Tuesday but the warning was sent by email and they may see the cash today or ‘later this week.’

The worrying development comes after Wigan were punished by the EFL in a similar case.

If Morecambe do not sort out the issue quickly they could also be docked points although there would be a debate about whether to apply that this season or next.

Morecambe’s owners Bond Group Investments have been trying to sell the club since November.

They had also been involved with Worcester’s rugby team before that went wrong and now there are problems with their football club.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:27 am 

A points deduction this season would be a weight off of all of our shoulders... I doubt it will happen though, it'll be next season if anything.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:26 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Morecambe wages late
Exclusive

By Alan Nixon

Morecambe players and staff are anxiously waiting to see if their wages will be paid.

The League One strugglers were told by the club owners that the money is not available to pay salaries on time.

This is because the Shrimps hoped to complete a takeover that is being held up because of problems clearing the buyer with the EFL.

Morecambe were due to be paid on Tuesday but the warning was sent by email and they may see the cash today or ‘later this week.’

The worrying development comes after Wigan were punished by the EFL in a similar case.

If Morecambe do not sort out the issue quickly they could also be docked points although there would be a debate about whether to apply that this season or next..

Assuming the idiot who wrote the match report is the only one with a chip on his shoulder (obvs there will always be juveniles who lap this sort of thing up to look big in front of their mates) this is horrible for them. To be fair they'd much prefer it this season to get some certainty - IIRC they changed the rules because teams under threat just tanked the league and regrouped for the following season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:51 pm 

Morecambe players still not paid.

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... y/11153927

The company that owns them has failed to submit their accounts and has also received a notice for compulsory strike off.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:49 am 

The great thing about this complete fud is that everyone in Morecambe was lovely and very welcoming when we went up there in August. It's just one guy angry at the world, fapping like mad into his copy of When Saturday Comes.

Reminds me of when Wolves brought 12 million fans down here in 2014. I went onto the Wolves forum to help out with matchday advice and everyone on there was great - apart from one absolute throbber called wolvesultra who could just about see me from the top of his real-fan ivory tower. :lol: