THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:29 am 

I'd bring in Stewart and move Watson to wing-back. I think we'll need Stewart's leadership and physical presence at Wycombe.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:35 am 

Eddie wrote:
Some huge players returned/ing with the latter being anthony stewart:

Do we stick with this einning team including the back 3 as it is and grant or do we go for what i think is our strongest team:

———————- cumming ——————————

——— stewart — tucker — lewington ————
Watson ———————————————- harvie
————— maghoma —— josh mc —————-
——- kaikai ———————————- leko ———
——————————- eisa ——————————

That team looks good to me, assuming that Stewart is ready.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:33 pm 

Even if fit I wouldn't start Stewart. Hasn't played in ages, hasn't played with our players and playing his former club - sounds like a recipe for disaster imo :lol:

Watson has done well in RCB and KaiKai has been very good hugging the right sided touchline. So for me I hope we run out with the 3-4-3 shape again.

Cumming
Watson, Tucker, Lewie
KaiKai, Josh Mch, Maghoma, Harvie
Grant/Devoy, Eisa, Leko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:27 pm 

I don't know how Wycombe play now the greasy hairball has gone, but if it is still in the air then I would possibly say air is not Tuckers strongest point and maybe a Stewart or even (hear me out here) Zak Jules (the latter of which is 6ft3) might be a better option. I am not saying Tucker has done anything wrong recently, but I do think he is not strong in the air and seems to flap at them so a team that plays long balls into the atmosphere might not suite him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:32 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
I don't know how Wycombe play now the greasy hairball has gone, but if it is still in the air then I would possibly say air is not Tuckers strongest point and maybe a Stewart or even (hear me out here) Zak Jules (the latter of which is 6ft3) might be a better option. I am not saying Tucker has done anything wrong recently, but I do think he is not strong in the air and seems to flap at them so a team that plays long balls into the atmosphere might not suite him.

Tucker has been immense in the air the last three games or more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:19 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:

Tucker has been immense in the air the last three games or more.

That's fair enough then. Maybe the old adage is if it ain't broke don't fix it. I hope that people don't think that was a dig at him, just saying in the past the air was not his strongest point IMO. Since Lewie has been back he is a changed man and long may it continue. I have been his biggest critic, but I just wanted to see a bit of fight and improvement in not just him but the team in general and we have on both counts so at least IF we go down we are not going with a wimper.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:08 pm 

You can't be touching that back 3 after 3 straight clean sheets.

Watson has excelled in the RCB position and I wouldn't be moving him to RWB just because Stewart is back.