THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:08 pm 

Just that.

Most other club's forums go into overdrive when they win. Ours is exactly the reverse. It's "the MK way". It's probably to do with the fact that we're (in the main) cynical two club wankers. It probably calls for a doctoral thesis...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:18 pm 

I'm rather pleased actually.
I wasn't expecting much today.
Didn't put any bets on.
Still.... when all is said and done 'My Club' - and I don't have another; I don't follow other leagues and - honestly - only have a vague idea how the top flight players/clubs are doing - won. That makes me happy.
I have 'quietly been celebrating' ;) (Mrs Ramone has just shouted 'TURN THAT DOWN' as I'm playing The Who at Glastonbury rather loudly) since the win.
F-Barton
F- afc
But I know what ya mean.
It's as ya say the MK way.
It's all Tucker's fault. He has to go.
Hic Burp Belch.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:30 pm 

Thought the same, I keep checking back in hoping to read some content but can hardly talk to yourself as theres noone to feed off so posting anything is difficult. Im a regular refresher but not active poster so maybe theres a number of us like that. When i do start my own threads looking for genuine feedback they dont really get the same level of discourse as the negative threads so kinda deterrs from posting. Its not the fanbase as a whole though as twitter is very active for dons fans on nights like tonight and makes for good reading so maybe its just the demographic that use the forum as it seems to be the young adults that are really active for dons on twitter. Although tbh the active users on here doesnt seeem to be as big as it has been in the past, could probably count on two hands the genuinely active forum members who stand out and familiar, ftr i dont include myself in that. Would be nice to see a larger number of active posters and diverse views.

Not a knock just frustrating.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:34 pm 

At least we got Brexit done...That should cheer everyone up. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:37 pm 

THRILLHO wrote:
Thought the same, I keep checking back in hoping to read some content but can hardly talk to yourself as theres noone to feed off so posting anything is difficult. Im a regular refresher but not active poster so maybe theres a number of us like that. When i do start my own threads looking for genuine feedback they dont really get the same level of discourse as the negative threads so kinda deterrs from posting. Its not the fanbase as a whole though as twitter is very active for dons fans on nights like tonight and makes for good reading so maybe its just the demographic that use the forum as it seems to be the young adults that are really active for dons on twitter. Although tbh the active users on here doesnt seeem to be as big as it has been in the past, could probably count on two hands the genuinely active forum members who stand out and familiar, ftr i dont include myself in that. Would be nice to see a larger number of active posters and diverse views.

Not a knock just frustrating.

Frankly, the demographic on here is mainly me and clones of me. Old white blokes. I'm pleased to hear that it's livelier on Twitter (where I suspect most Dons fans are younger and never had a deep affection for another club). With us old fellas, that former love makes us less effusive when Dons win but much more vocal when they lose. It's weird but it is what it is, to use the cliché.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:38 pm 

I’m here

Bloody fantastic win, waiting for us to now to beat Oxford and probably seal Robbos fate next week

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:38 pm 

Expected to lose, no one knows what to do when we win, tbf our away season has been ok, can we pretend home games are away games in future...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:39 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
At least we got Brexit done...That should cheer everyone up. ;)

Brexit means Brexit. Send refugees to Rwanda. And add in a an uncosted agenda for growth.

Christ, I feel better already.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:39 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I’m here

Bloody fantastic win, waiting for us to now to beat Oxford and probably seal Robbos fate next week

He'll be sacked before then.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:40 pm 

Scribble wrote:
I’m here

Thumbs up emoticon