THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: I'm gonna say it...
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:14 am 

cornerdon26 wrote:
AB4 wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Let's just assume for a moment we survive the drop. What happens next season ? Without massive changes throughout the club, both player and admin wise, we will just go through it all again.

Yep, money will need to be spent or we'll end up relegated sooner or later. You'd assume Jackson would stay on and hopefully Leko + Kaikai too.
Let's hope there is enough money in the pot after all the scrimping and saving this season.

Money was spent this summer.

21/22
Two summers signings for fees
Twine compo - approx 300k
Eisa - rumoured anywhere between 200-500k
Two winter signings for nominal fees who don't play

22/23
5 signings for fees
Tucker compo - 350k+
Burns - rumoured 150k
Devoy - rumoured around 100k
Grant and Dennis - both undisclosed, probably 5 to low 6 figure fees
Two winters signings for fees who play

I'd argue more, or similar, was spent this year as it was last

You are forgetting Matt smith who was signed last season for 800K according to transfernkt though I think it would probably be more like 500K.

I would also add the fees we got last season, 4m for twine, 2m for Darling, 1.5m for O'Riley and maybe some compensation for Big Dave.

So there is definitely still some money to go around.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:46 am 

Gandi_Olfston wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
AB4 wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Let's just assume for a moment we survive the drop. What happens next season ? Without massive changes throughout the club, both player and admin wise, we will just go through it all again.

Yep, money will need to be spent or we'll end up relegated sooner or later. You'd assume Jackson would stay on and hopefully Leko + Kaikai too.
Let's hope there is enough money in the pot after all the scrimping and saving this season.

21/22

22/23
5 signings for fees
Tucker compo - 350k+
Burns - rumoured 150k

You are forgetting Matt smith who was signed last season for 800K according to transfernkt though I think it would probably be more like 500K.

I would also add the fees we got last season, 4m for twine, 2m for Darling, 1.5m for O'Riley and maybe some compensation for Big Dave.

Transfermarkt implies a market value, not a fee. At the time it was considered nominal (so probably under 100k)
- https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... h-22929015

Also, I wasn't mentioning what we took in, just what we spent. The spend based on rumoured fees in 2021 and 2022 seem pretty similar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:10 pm 

Gandi_Olfston wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
AB4 wrote:
donmentor wrote:

21/22

22/23
5 signings for fees
Tucker compo - 350k+
Burns - rumoured 150k

50% of the O'Riley fee went to Fulham and at least 20% of the Twine and Darling money went to Swindon & Cambridge. Those fees that you quote are also top end of rumoured amounts and it's also probable that we've only got the first installment from Burnley.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:14 pm 

Third Team Lucky wrote:
Gandi_Olfston wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
AB4 wrote:
donmentor wrote:

21/22

22/23
5 signings for fees
Tucker compo - 350k+
Burns - rumoured 150k

50% of the O'Riley fee went to Fulham and at least 20% of the Twine and Darling money went to Swindon & Cambridge. Those fees that you quote are also top end of rumoured amounts and it's also probable that we've only got the first installment from Burnley.

It was £750k for O'Riley and my father in law who is a Celtic fan believed it was quite a flat fee with little add ons

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:24 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Third Team Lucky wrote:
Gandi_Olfston wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
AB4 wrote:
donmentor wrote:

21/22

22/23
5 signings for fees
Tucker compo - 350k+
Burns - rumoured 150k

It was £750k for O'Riley and my father in law who is a Celtic fan believed it was quite a flat fee with little add ons

Ok fair enough, I was using the numbers from transfermkt as a base. I forgot about the sell ons as a result of compensation. I think my point still stands though there should still be some money left to invest in the team.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:24 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Third Team Lucky wrote:
Gandi_Olfston wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
AB4 wrote:
donmentor wrote:

21/22

22/23
5 signings for fees
Tucker compo - 350k+
Burns - rumoured 150k

Interesting. Pete O'Rourke, who largely get's these things right said it was a £1.5mil release clause that was triggered. Interesting to know where your father in law got this information?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 12:56 pm 

Forget the positivity at the start of the thread.
We're going down. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 3:29 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Third Team Lucky wrote:
Gandi_Olfston wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
AB4 wrote:
donmentor wrote:

21/22

22/23
5 signings for fees
Tucker compo - 350k+
Burns - rumoured 150k

Interesting. Pete O'Rourke, who largely get's these things right said it was a £1.5mil release clause that was triggered. Interesting to know where your father in law got this information?

It was £1.5m. We got 50% of that making it £750k.

We still need money spent this summer whether we are in L1 or L2. Whether it is signing on fees, wages or proper transfer fees, we need a revamp. Plus we need to try and get rid of some players that don't fit us today. We are overstocked with players but not the right ones imo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:27 pm 

You are all talking about the players but I think we have to start by getting the corporate structure sorted first. Beginning by replacing the drag down element of Gibb and Sweeting.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2023 4:39 pm 

Sweeting deserves another shot. Fucked things up this season but mistakes will be learnt from.

By replacing him (with whom anyway?) we'll be starting next season in a worse position by having a disorganised setup before a transfer is even completed.
Sweeting did plenty well last few years before this one. I trust he's screwed on by what mistakes not to make.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next