THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:24 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:58 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
I not a hater. I just say that if doesn't score he doesn't contribute anything else to the team and he didn't today. However, well done for scoring the goal.

I don't really get what you want him to do. His job is to score goals. He can't and shouldn't have to do it all himself. You need to look at the lack of any kind of playmaker. Play to his strengths which is balls to feet he will make stuff happen. The middle of the pitch is not supporting any of them but I guess they both don't get the same critisim as others

This

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:23 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
I not a hater. I just say that if doesn't score he doesn't contribute anything else to the team and he didn't today. However, well done for scoring the goal.

I don't really get what you want him to do. His job is to score goals. He can't and shouldn't have to do it all himself. You need to look at the lack of any kind of playmaker. Play to his strengths which is balls to feet he will make stuff happen. The middle of the pitch is not supporting any of them but I guess they both don't get the same critisim as others

Balls to his feet is the last thing you want to give him as he's easily knocked off ball. The midfield did OK today (see the link below)

https://www.fotmob.com/match/3916265/ma ... dge-united

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:53 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

100% this other than the fact he’s actually a through ball man. He’s an out and out forward lurking in the channels for good service. Eisa is a good forward for this level; our lack of goals isn’t just his problem.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:56 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Balls to his feet is the last thing you want to give him as he's easily knocked off ball. The midfield did OK today (see the link below)

Doing ok against shit like Cambridge is all well and dandy and I am not saying anyone had a bad game today but in general over the games I have seen (which isn't all of them) we resort a lot to long balls over the top and try and bypass the midfield for whoever is up front to try and run on to and low and behold it rarely works. Why is that then cause if our midfield is so great (which we all know it isn't) the defence should be playing through them not over them. I know we will disagree but he does chip in I just don't get why he of all people is the point of people's anger and frustration

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:03 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Doing ok against shit like Cambridge is all well and dandy and I am not saying anyone had a bad game today but in general over the games I have seen (which isn't all of them) we resort a lot to long balls over the top and try and bypass the midfield for whoever is up front to try and run on to and low and behold it rarely works. Why is that then cause if our midfield is so great (which we all know it isn't) the defence should be playing through them not over them. I know we will disagree but he does chip in I just don't get why he of all people is the point of people's anger and frustration

We will just have to agree to disagree. All of Mo game is being on the last defender and looking for the through ball. Granted he has three assists against his name, but I never think he can link up play.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:22 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

We will just have to agree to disagree. All of Mo game is being on the last defender and looking for the through ball. Granted he has three assists against his name, but I never think he can link up play.

Izale didn't do bad for us, he just needed the right pass and some communication from his team members.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:58 pm 

midfielder wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

Izale didn't do bad for us, he just needed the right pass and some communication from his team members.

Izale, now your talking, but he did have a very good team behind him, like Mo last season. I also wouldn't have used Izale as a lone striker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:02 pm 

Mo is still a very good player at this level bit low on confidence (maybe not after that free kick) so isn't performing at his best. Most of our players are lacking confidence at the moment.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:29 pm 

He will always be marmite.

I happen to be in the "Mo In" camp, but I get how his style splits opinion.

If you play to his strengths, he scores goals. Simple as that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:21 pm 

He has the strength and presence of a soggy fag paper and all too often trips over the ball, but he does have the odd finish in him. He really needs someone to play along-side and closer to him.