THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:32 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:05 pm 

Great 60 minutes from Lewi today, and I think even Tucker benefited from having him there.

Great to win, but all that game did was show both teams utterly deserve to be where they are. Cambridge were dreadful, strong and up for it but devoid of any talent. Had it not been for a decent free kick from the broken clock that would have been 0-0, neither team created a decent chance, and when the odd half chance came up it was fluffed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:19 pm 

midfielder wrote:
AB4 wrote:
Lewie was fantastic today. You'd never have known he was out for 4 months.
We are still down though but hopefully that'll give us some confidence for the next few. Plus Leko is back and can replace the utterly useless Holland.

Does Leko have one more game out ?

Yes, you are right. Out for the Accy game too.
We really miss him

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:31 pm 

Locutus wrote:
Was that really offside?

I thought it was absolutely the right decision live never mind on reflection. It was right in front of me and their guy prevented Cumming from attempting a save. Cumming moved towards the ball for a microsecond but then had to stop.

I thought it was deliberate to interfere - they had been shithousing the entire half.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:44 pm 

Pseudonym wrote:
Locutus wrote:
Was that really offside?

I thought it was absolutely the right decision live never mind on reflection. It was right in front of me and their guy prevented Cumming from attempting a save. Cumming moved towards the ball for a microsecond but then had to stop.

I thought it was deliberate to interfere - they had been shithousing the entire half.

Yup, just seen it back. Clear offside as he is completely preventing Cumming from diving to make the save.

Great call by the lino and ref.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:47 pm 

Stand out players for me today were Lewie, Tucker & Grant

Thought Grigg did very well when he came on. Showed his experience when he got into the area and noticed no one was there (most of our players would have crossed it in regardless) but he took his time and cut it back and Maghoma (I think it was) should have done better.

Was very impressed with Lawrence as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 6:52 pm 

Yep. It shows what we’ve missed while Lewie was out.

His ability to find space, comfortably work the ball and spot openings.

Wish he’d scored. :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:14 pm 

Casual Bystander wrote:
Great 60 minutes from Lewi today, and I think even Tucker benefited from having him there.

Great to win, but all that game did was show both teams utterly deserve to be where they are. Cambridge were dreadful, strong and up for it but devoid of any talent. Had it not been for a decent free kick from the broken clock that would have been 0-0, neither team created a decent chance, and when the odd half chance came up it was fluffed.

I agree with most of what you say bar our chances we had two or three clear shots that were block by some amazing Cambridge defending. They weren't fluffed they were defended really well. One of them was definately going in (I think it was kaikai) if it had been blocked but there was a big lack in quality from both teams. Still gives us something to cling on to

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:24 pm 

Determined performance today, nothing spectacular apart from Mo’s impression of Scott Twine which was superb.

I thought Tucker was outstanding, I’ve give him stick before, but he really deserves praise today for a brilliant display, maybe helped by the great man’s return.

Our first mini league win, I believe also it’s our first Saturday home win of the season, correct me if I’m wrong.

So on to Accrington, a win there and maybe, just maybe a league 1 place next season isn’t impossible

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:40 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Scribble wrote:
I believe also it’s our first Saturday home win of the season, correct me if I’m wrong.
In the league, it's indeed the first Saturday home win all season.

However, there was a previous Saturday home win this season - Dons 6 Taunton Town 0 in the FA Cup 1st round, back in November.

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:26 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Casual Bystander wrote:

I agree with most of what you say bar our chances we had two or three clear shots that were block by some amazing Cambridge defending. They weren't fluffed they were defended really well. One of them was definately going in (I think it was kaikai) if it had been blocked but there was a big lack in quality from both teams. Still gives us something to cling on to

I couldn’t tell where the Kaikai one was going from my angle, but if it was then that will have been our only other shot on target.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next