THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:25 pm 

Take a look back at a lot of the first interviews given by new players joining last summer. They talk of winning promotion, of getting to the Championship….

They all came in with the wrong attitude from the start. Not enough hard work and application, believing it was a given they’d be fighting for promotion. That’s where it all started to go wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:29 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Believe me, I Tweeted in the Summer when linked to him that he wasn't the answer. Had he been a squad player, IE, the Wickham of this season, it'd be fine. A second or third choice striker. A seasoned pro.

The business we did in the Summer turned a lot of heads. The BBC even had us down as "much fancied" in their report on our defeat to Cambridge so, on paper, 8 months ago, it wasn't foreseen... nobody predicted this before a ball was kicked. I was sceptical of Burns, Devoy and Grant, but excited for Holland, Lawrence, Cumming and Barry as I'd heard a lot about their potential one way or another.. all of those except Cumdog have been mediocre at best.

The work in the summer is not too different to work we did last season, it really wasn't. We can be blinded by how it worked out in the end but its a method not too different to what we've seen before. We could've done with more experience, I agree.

From the games I've seen , they are just bullied by a lot of teams. Especially the better ones. All of them have a mix of old heads and veterans and younger players. and to be honest you'll need exactly the same in league 2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8