THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:20 am 

dons50 wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
dons50 wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
dons50 wrote:
I suspect Liam wants those things too.

Yes, of course he does. Can he (and Pete) deliver them though?

They’ll do their best. That’s all we can ask.

Are you ever dissatisfied by anything?

I try not to get annoyed by things I can’t control.

If you go to a restaurant and you ordered a pizza but a bowl of pasta turned up would you not say something because it was out of your control that the chef or the server fucked up?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:02 pm 

We replaced darling with tucker
We replaced twine with grant
We replaced parrott with Grigg
We replaced Coventry with Johnson
We replaced kasumu with devoy
We replaced Kessler- Hayden with Oyegoke/ Lawrence

The list goes on.

We made a total and utter Horlicks of recruitment and turned a promotion squad into a relegation squad. Since day 1 the vast majority of fans could see the immense damage that this squad change had done. We were told that the stats were good and it would turn, despite seeing with our own eyes that we had players who could barely run, control a ball, defend or create anything. We have been going down ever since game 1 of this season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:11 pm 

#Winkelmanout

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:15 pm 

It’s a job to think how they could have got it more wrong this season, we should have realised when that oil stained kit showed up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:16 pm 

Zen wrote:
We replaced darling with tucker
We replaced twine with grant
We replaced parrott with Grigg
We replaced Coventry with Johnson
We replaced kasumu with devoy
We replaced Kessler- Hayden with Oyegoke/ Lawrence

The list goes on.

We made a total and utter Horlicks of recruitment and turned a promotion squad into a relegation squad. Since day 1 the vast majority of fans could see the immense damage that this squad change had done. We were told that the stats were good and it would turn, despite seeing with our own eyes that we had players who could barely run, control a ball, defend or create anything. We have been going down ever since game 1 of this season.

Maybe the stats were good, but did anyone actually go and watch them play ? I can't believe they did.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:20 pm 

I read the letter when it arrived in my inbox. I read it again this morning. I still have no idea what the point of it is.

The fat lady is just clearing her throat and the song could well be in full blast by 5pm Saturday and only now are the club reacting to the disaster that has been this season. The old cynic in me is sure that its nothing but a response to the friendly journalist turning on them.

The call to arms for the fans to get on board? Im verging on insulted. Ive been to every home game and half the away games this season. I'm there, I'm doing my bit and apart from the odd flash in the odd game there has been precious little to get behind.

If a single person at the club thinks what is happening has even 0.000000001% to do with the fanbase then they are deluded and the club is doomed to suffer for a long long time.

D50's indentikit answer changing from ' they know what they are doing' to ' they will do their best' might very well be the sign that doom is inevitable.

Cos if thats their best, then we need new people as what they are doing is hopeless, and at that I think I am being kind.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:55 pm 

I'm not reading all 6 pages of this so I may well be repeating the comments of others. It's clear that they've been feeling the pressure from the crowds and social media, and I think Toby's article was the final straw that kicked them into responding. Whilst I do like Sweeting and think that overall he's done well since joining us, that open letter is a load of PR bullshit. It doesn't actually address anything or mention the changes that will be made or need to be made. It just talks about the family fun day (can't wait for his letter to be copied and pasted into Saturday's programme...) and how things should be better and that we need to stick together.

You can't say "we need to all stick together" then sack Manning. You can't say "we need to stick together" then have the Chairman come out for an interview and essentially say the squad is shit. I am fed up of these meaningless catchphrases. We will go down, then Sweeting and Pete will be wheeled out to give carbon copy interviews saying "of course this isn't where we want to be, we'll do everything to bounce back to where we know we should be" etc. We are a League 2 club, on and off the pitch.

Huge changes needed in personnel, culture and standards this summer, and that's regardless of whether we go down or miraculously survive.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:58 pm 

I'm gonna defend Sweeting a bit here.

Whilst I think the letter is a bit poorly put, the crux isn't an attack on the fans some people think it is. I think he's just asking for fans to make some noise and support the players, and not aim abuse their way - as we're in the verge of seeing. I think he knows if we lose Saturday things will get toxic. The "you're not fit to wear the shirt" chants are creeping in more and more, and I think he wants to prevent that as much as possible.

I think even he knows fans are within their right to voice those opinions and chants but can't exactly advocate it, all he can do is ask fans to stick with the side. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't because people will moan the club aren't communicating, then they do and they moan what they say.

I don't necessarily think it's a great statement but I understand the sentiment. It's not ruining my day as much as it appears to be ruining others

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:11 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
I'm gonna defend Sweeting a bit here.

Whilst I think the letter is a bit poorly put, the crux isn't an attack on the fans some people think it is. I think he's just asking for fans to make some noise and support the players, and not aim abuse their way - as we're in the verge of seeing. I think he knows if we lose Saturday things will get toxic. The "you're not fit to wear the shirt" chants are creeping in more and more, and I think he wants to prevent that as much as possible.

I think even he knows fans are within their right to voice those opinions and chants but can't exactly advocate it, all he can do is ask fans to stick with the side. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't because people will moan the club aren't communicating, then they do and they moan what they say.

I don't necessarily think it's a great statement but I understand the sentiment. It's not ruining my day as much as it appears to be ruining others

But what if the players arent good enough to wear the shirt? They never bought themselves or picked themselves to be identified by the club. That was someone elses job...........

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:18 pm 

Yes and I think Sweeting and Pete have identified that it isn't good enough and the business, in hindsight, was poor.

He's made mistakes, but hindsight is wonderful. If he knew the signings would be shit, he'd not have signed them..

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next