THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Keep sell release
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:22 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
Is this all assuming that we can bring in better players? You know, like we did in the last two transfer windows.

I think we’d really be in the shit if we don’t fuck off loads of these players, we need a complete reset.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:30 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
RedOnRed wrote:
Is this all assuming that we can bring in better players? You know, like we did in the last two transfer windows.

I think we’d really be in the shit if we don’t fuck off loads of these players, we need a complete reset.

Agreed, need to remove the rot in the squad and have fresh energy. Get rid of the likes of tucker, jules, (harvie), watson, johnson, eisa, grigg. Keep the potential in devoy, illunga, burns, dennis, tripp, dean, grant and put fresh experience round them sith the right mentality. We need to retain these young players to develop but give them the proper tools and experience to succeed. We need proper quality and experience right across the backline, with a bit of youthful energy and skill at wing back. And proven goalscoring ability and physicsl presence at the top end with players that are confident in possession snd retaining the ball across the pitch.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:37 pm 

So let me get this right, almost all of the players need to go, along with the manager, Sweeting and Winkelmam?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:40 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
So let me get this right, almost all of the players need to go, along with the manager, Sweeting and Winkelmam?

Wont happen, but yes. At the very least the players that are causing the biggest problem at the club and offer nothing in positions are desired style needs the most contribution (tucker, jules, johnson, grigg) anything on top of those departures will be a luxury.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:41 pm 

Burns, Dennis, Grant aren't good enough. We're in an absolute shit state and yet we're keeping the young scared frozen lads with no bottle.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:46 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Burns, Dennis, Grant aren't good enough. We're in an absolute shit state and yet we're keeping the young scared frozen lads with no bottle.

I think all 3 could perform in league 2 with the right mix of players around them. Theres no hope for tucker, jules, johnson and grigg imo. Johnson and grigg are miles off the pace and jules and tucker have no knowhow needed at the back. At least the young players have tangible qualities we can work with.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:48 pm 

Having said that Alby my only concern is the quality we needed to only just scrape autos last time in league 2. Some of the players we had in that squad were very very good! Far better than we eould attract this time round.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:35 pm 

Definitely shouldn’t be getting rid of Burns. He’s still young and only moved over to England last year.

At least give him a chance. He’s got a hell of a lot of potential and with a bit more strength and confidence, he’ll be some player.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:25 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Definitely shouldn’t be getting rid of Burns. He’s still young and only moved over to England last year.

At least give him a chance. He’s got a hell of a lot of potential and with a bit more strength and confidence, he’ll be some player.

I literally don't get the obsession with him some of our fans have, I've literally seen nothing to suggest he's got anything to offer when I've seen him play.

I might be proven wrong over time but whether he moved country or not, he's not done anything. Sentimentality and good YouTube clips means nothing if he's taking up a space that could be filled with better talent.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:31 pm 

I'm with EWD here on Burns. He scored a decent goal in that cup competition and subsequently we haven't seen much of him at all.
I'd like to see him played a bit more now - or as I asked before, anyone know if he's injured? - and if hes no good THEN let's dump him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next