THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:47 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Keep sell release
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:11 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
A lot of the decision will depend how the players perform to the end of season. If they can't handle the pressure of a relegation fight, it's unlikely they will be able to handle promotion.

I get what you’re saying but this season has been toxic. It’s the sort of shit season that can ruin careers for some individuals. Half our problem is belief and confidence and the other half is a lack of competence.

It’s not quite the same when you’re getting into the top six.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:15 pm 

paul4040 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
A lot of the decision will depend how the players perform to the end of season. If they can't handle the pressure of a relegation fight, it's unlikely they will be able to handle promotion.

I get what you’re saying but this season has been toxic. It’s the sort of shit season that can ruin careers for some individuals. Half our problem is belief and confidence and the other half is a lack of competence.

It’s not quite the same when you’re getting into the top six.

No situation is exactly the same and in the end it's the club's decision and depends on who is out of contract as well as the club standing aside if players want to leave.

However, if we are in promotion contention (should we be relegated) and lose a few games, whose heads will drop? I would hazard a guess that it's the same players who might be choking this season. Saying that I feel I been generous on my renewal comments so far, although this may change depending on the next few performances.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:29 am 

I am amused by the idea we might sell anyone, look around the EFL and who spends money on players? Championship clubs, big clubs who drop into League One and Wrexham can you honestly tell me any of those teams will be spending their money on some of the dross we have knocking around Stadium MK?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:11 am 

MKAylesburyDon wrote:
I am amused by the idea we might sell anyone, look around the EFL and who spends money on players? Championship clubs, big clubs who drop into League One and Wrexham can you honestly tell me any of those teams will be spending their money on some of the dross we have knocking around Stadium MK?

O' Hora and Eisa are probably the only ones to get coin for and even then it probably isn't going to be much.