THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:29 am 

Meltdown Extra – Zak Jules
In my haste to get to bed last night, I forgot to mention something that may well stick a few more nails in the coffin later in the week.

So, If you think it is virtually impossible for things to get any worse, well I’m sorry to say they could, and again it is unforgivable.

I think most people will agree that attended the latest farcical display at Vale Park yesterday that referee Darren Handley was appallingly bad, but he did miss something, and just like the Leko incident at Lincoln we could be in for a bit of retrospective action.

Handley had been waving his yellow card around with gay abandon, most were unwarranted, and I say that for both sides, and if anything, he created a situation amongst the players and made the on-field atmosphere worse.

Jules was booked just outside of our area, yes it was probably a foul but no more, and certainly didn’t warrant even a talking to, but in the buildup to the freekick being taken Jules appeared to punch a Vale player. Many saw it, but the ones that didn’t were the ref and his assistant, as after a consultation between the two he didn’t even get a talking to which amazed all of us that thought he was destined for an early shower.

If there is footage of the incident undoubtedly Jules will get a 3-game ban for violent conduct, and again it is very poor from our player.

I can imagine a few sleepless nights at the Jacko household this week at the possibility of an email from the FA hitting the inbox.

Stay Tuned

8-) WD

Last edited by WellDon on Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:40 am 

In a way I hope it does happen. Not for us fans but for the club to learn a fucking harsh lesson. As for Jules he is a fucking tool but this goes to show how little professionalism and care he has for the club. And if true he is just as much a prick as Leko.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:41 am 

Fucking hell. The season of self sabotage continues.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:56 am 

Jules has lost form at a really bad time.

He has been one of our best players this season. One of the few to take attacking risks, and has defended well as teams cut through our soft midfield. He is also having to cope with playing alongside the erratic Tucker which is not easy.

However his form has completely gone. I suspect he is one in the team who Jackson talks about on his interview who has lost confidence. He is probably hoping for that ban, and hopefully if he is he gets back to form when he is back.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:57 am 

I hope we never see him in a Dons shirt again. I’d start playing youth players in preparation for next season. Get Davies and Tripp in the squad.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:02 am 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
I hope we never see him in a Dons shirt again. I’d start playing youth players in preparation for next season. Get Davies and Tripp in the squad.

And lewis johnson?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:47 am 

Maybe add Johnson for leading with an elbow.

And their fella for the karate kick studs up into Devoy’s nether region.

Otherwise there is not a lot the excellent ref missed.

Just in case the FA are getting their directions from this forum. It is looking like they’re after every opportunity to make things worse.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:58 am 

Seems to me suspension are always unfair in that the player doesn't play in matches against other teams, often rivals to the team he got the red card. I would have thought the player should also be suspended for the next game against the team he got the red card.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:10 am 

ifollow replayed the incident a couple of times and it didn’t look like a punch or elbow from that angle. More of just a push.

Those at the game were far nearer though (I believe it was up our end) so maybe they saw it differently.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:17 am 

I was there, there was a swinging arm, now it could have been an elbow, a forearm or even a hand, it might not even have made contact, but the Vale player went down like he had been mugged in Bletchley late at night.