THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:38 am 

Gers wrote:
We're fucked.

THIS

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:49 am 

paul4040 wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Very much this.

I tried to remain positive on here as long as possible, but I've jumped from the pure joy of last year to not that fussed. No anger or sadness really. Just apathy.

But it happens to all clubs, despite what owners may or may not say , and we go again next year. Hopefully we learn from the lessons we should have learnt before

Indeed it does. I'm unable to renew my ST for next year because of work and family commitments but I will do plenty of awaydays and buy a ticket for the home games I can make. I've been resigned to relegation for some time now.

This sort of shit patch happens to every lower league club at some point. Thankfully we are not about to go bust like Southend or Bury (RIP) but it's bleak. Anyway, who knows? In a season or two we may have an enjoyable time near the top of League Two...dare I jinx it!

I thought about it and if we keep most of these useless pieces of shit then we will be lucky to get play offs in league 2. Most of the current crop in the L2 plays offs could beat us then you have possibly Wrexham and notts county or even both coming up. I have said it for a while. We will be lucky to go back up at the first attempt. There is no talent in this team from front to back and our best player is a loan keeper who is much better than us and will not be around here next season. O'hora will leave Lewie may retire and then what. Trust me when I say get used to where we are heading. We can't wholesale change like we did this season and it's not like anyone would buy this shit off us so we are stuck unless we release them and that costs us money. Yes we will probably win more and there will be a few nice days out to Harrogate and barrow (?!) But fuck me we are about as screwed as a hooker with a 50% discount

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:54 am 

Russybcool wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Very much this.

I tried to remain positive on here as long as possible, but I've jumped from the pure joy of last year to not that fussed. No anger or sadness really. Just apathy.

But it happens to all clubs, despite what owners may or may not say , and we go again next year. Hopefully we learn from the lessons we should have learnt before

Indeed it does. I'm unable to renew my ST for next year because of work and family commitments but I will do plenty of awaydays and buy a ticket for the home games I can make. I've been resigned to relegation for some time now.

This sort of shit patch happens to every lower league club at some point. Thankfully we are not about to go bust like Southend or Bury (RIP) but it's bleak. Anyway, who knows? In a season or two we may have an enjoyable time near the top of League Two...dare I jinx it!

I thought about it and if we keep most of these useless pieces of shit then we will be lucky to get play offs in league 2. Most of the current crop in the L2 plays offs could beat us then you have possibly Wrexham and notts county or even both coming up. I have said it for a while. We will be lucky to go back up at the first attempt. There is no talent in this team from front to back and our best player is a loan keeper who is much better than us and will not be around here next season. O'hora will leave Lewie may retire and then what. Trust me when I say get used to where we are heading. We can't wholesale change like we did this season and it's not like anyone would buy this shit off us so we are stuck unless we release them and that costs us money. Yes we will probably win more and there will be a few nice days out to Harrogate and barrow (?!) But fuck me we are about as screwed as a hooker with a 50% discount

We had to replace most of the team this season and looked what happened. I can't see why most of the players aren't good enough for league 2.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:12 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Very much this.

We had to replace most of the team this season and looked what happened. I can't see why most of the players aren't good enough for league 2.

Because none of them have talent and the ones that do will go eisa included. Yes I know we will buy some but does anyone trust sweeting. I don't. If Jackson is in charge does anyone think tactically he has it in him. I don't. This is a worse group of players than our 2005 relegation and it took us two seasons to get back up then.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:13 am 

Russybcool wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Very much this.

Yeah but Dan Kemp is a league 2 goal machine so we will be fine :?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:22 am 

Ormeau wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Very much this.

Yeah but Dan Kemp is a league 2 goal machine so we will be fine :?

I'm sure. If he has a midfield who can supply him. Who does that in our team currently. We have no playmakers at all. Well we do but they are so poor the defence normally bypasses them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:30 am 

Here's my take on it - Goalies & Defence

Cumming - definitely off with thanks.
Franco - a competent No 2 if he can't step up, assuming he wants to stay.
Big Dave - may be able to be goalie / coach if we can't find a good keeper,
Tennai Watson, Daniel Harvie, Jack Tucker definitely good enough for L2
Warren O'Hora - likely to be off. If not, one of best CHs is L2
Deano - can we get another season out of the maestro
Brooklyn - a good deputy for L2.
Anthony Stewart - a possible no nonsense centre half we need, if he wants to cmne back.
Zak - a good back up.
Jack Davis - who knows

Last edited by ReturnofMoo on Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:32 am 

Nail on the head wd! We are down imo its just a matter of it being confirmed mathematically. Big summer of change on and off the pitch and ill be excited for the new season, again. Should have some good days out in league 2 if the likes of notts county and wrexham come up that will be 2 brilliant away days, for me nottingham is a cert weekender! Pray that doesnt fall on a tuesday. Then if afc dont go up we can renew our rivalry. Salford away and a night out in manny will be good. Then fish and chips in grimsby, its not all bleak!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:38 am 

League 2 midfield

Josh - leading 2 midfielder if fit.
Matt Smith - who knows L2 might be his level, although I doubt it.
Ethan Robson - surely he fallen below L2 standard
Nathan Holland - underrated in my opinion. Good enough for L2
Johnson- get the heck out of here. I would pack his bags
Conor Grant - didn't he have a good season in L2.
Dan Kemp - L2 is definitely his level.
Dawson Devoy - shown enough if we can keep him.
Burns - needs to show more

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:43 am 

League 2 forwards

Will Grigg - has age caught him up. A doubtful
Mo Eisa - doesn't do enough in open play. We can't carry passengers and no doubt on a big wage. A no from me.
Leko - could provide the wow factor if he doesn't over do it.
Max Dean - a real prospect and not afraid of the rough stuff.
Lewis Johnson and Matt Dennis. Not shown enough. Likely to move on.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next